The King is delayed

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Yarc

The King is delayed

Post by Yarc »

Hi all,

Just seen on https://www.schachversand.de/en/compute ... -link.html that the King module is delayed until 6th December. It must be close now because they have only extended the time 3 days.

Watching and waiting Regards
Ray
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: The King is delayed

Post by Steve B »

Yarc wrote:Hi all,

Just seen on https://www.schachversand.de/en/compute ... -link.html that the King module is delayed until 6th December. It must be close now because they have only extended the time 3 days.

Watching and waiting Regards
Ray
Thanks Ray

with each new delay the time I have left to pit the King against the Wundermachine dwindles precipitously

looks like I might have to hold off the match until the Spring of 19
by that time...between the months of pre-testing and then the post testing..the King module will lay claim to being the most tested schachcomputer ever released for sale

The Once And Future King Regards
Steve
Yarc

Post by Yarc »

Steve B wrote: with each new delay the time I have left to pit the King against the Wundermachine dwindles precipitously

Steve
Hi Steve,

I was looking forward to the result of that match. You must have some big commitment if we have to wait until Spring 19. But I will..

Patiently wait for the Spring Regards
Ray
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Yarc wrote:
Steve B wrote: with each new delay the time I have left to pit the King against the Wundermachine dwindles precipitously

Steve
Hi Steve,

I was looking forward to the result of that match. You must have some big commitment if we have to wait until Spring 19. But I will..

Patiently wait for the Spring Regards
Ray
From 1/1-4/15 Its ...

Tax Season Regards
Steve
Yarc

Post by Yarc »

Steve B wrote: From 1/1-4/15 Its ...

Tax Season Regards
Steve
I see.

Taxing times Regards
Ray
lexman

Post by lexman »

"It must be close now because they have only extended the time 3 days".

Millennium s own webshop and other European suppliers have now put the date back to December 10th, its getting a bit like the end of the rainbow

you can never quite get there it endlessly recedes into the disatance regards
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Just picture a 40ft container full of King boxes. Hope the ship did not bounce around too much from China to Hamburg or Rotterdam.

Will have to calculate sometime how many you can fit into a 40ft container as module only or packed with exclusive board and multiply that by the sales price :)

Probably stuck in customs.
Nick
Rhglomb

Post by Rhglomb »

From another Thread, but i think it should be discussed in this thread :)
Chessmaster Ireland wrote:
Mike Watters wrote: One minor disappointment is that there is no reference to the Lasker Edition on the little plaque on the face of the unit, which has been shown on some photos.
This was posted recently on Scachcomputer.info. I don't know if this applies to your plaque remark?

Millennium has already noticed the error with the plaques and sends to all previous buyers of the Lasker Edition new King modules out then the right plaque on it. The old module should then be sent back.
Since the info on schachomputer.info came from me, I have here still the following additional information.

I called Millennium Support myself and then found out that they know the error and are trying to reach all customers who have received the device so far. I understood that they don't know which customer got which serial number ( the limited serial number and the CE-mark, e.g. 012/150 ), but they have to send each customer the correct serial number.

So if a customer is not contacted by Millennium, you should perhaps contact the support directly by yourself.

Ralf
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

I had received the following from Millennium:

the first orders were sent with a false badge. Then we stopped the shipments. We will receive the revised devices with the right billboard by the end of next week to our warehouse. As soon as we receive the delivery from the manufacturer we will ship your order to you promptly with the correct execution.

So the correct ones will not be shipped before the end of next week More likely in the week commencing December 17th.

I don't mind waiting, it is preferable to shipping back a wrong one. Receiving it before Christmas in USA is probably not going to happen.

Best regards
Nick
PoisonedPawn

Post by PoisonedPawn »

spacious_mind wrote:I had received the following from Millennium:

the first orders were sent with a false badge. Then we stopped the shipments. We will receive the revised devices with the right billboard by the end of next week to our warehouse. As soon as we receive the delivery from the manufacturer we will ship your order to you promptly with the correct execution.

So the correct ones will not be shipped before the end of next week More likely in the week commencing December 17th.

I don't mind waiting, it is preferable to shipping back a wrong one. Receiving it before Christmas in USA is probably not going to happen.

Best regards
Are these comments specific to the Lasker edition, or to all the Kings?
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

PoisonedPawn wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:I had received the following from Millennium:

Best regards
Are these comments specific to the Lasker edition, or to all the Kings?
Lasker Edition
Nick
mclane

Post by mclane »

lasker was THE chessmaster par excellence.
he was a friend of einstein.
wasnt his brother married to else lasker schüler ???
lasker was very long time chess champion.
he knew the best move is different depending on opponent.
against tarrasch he would play a different move then against capablanca.

i once met someone from the lasker foundation in berlin.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....