The King Limited Edition

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Bryan Whitby

The King Limited Edition

Post by Bryan Whitby »

https://www.schachbund.de/emanuel-laske ... puter.html

EMANUEL LASKER
Chess computer in limited edition of only 150 pieces
(delivery starts from the beginning of December)

For Lasker year 2018 , the German manufacturer MILLENNIUM in cooperation with the German Chess Federation has produced a special chess computer in limited edition, on the occasion of the 150th birthday of the only German chess world champion. The product can only be ordered via the website of the German Chess Federation. The delivery includes a special issue of Emanuel Lasker society, plus the Exclusive chessboardwith figure recognition and the new control module with the world-famous The King software, with a special edition badge. In this configuration, this chess computer is nowhere commercially available! From each sold copy of this unique special edition, a portion of the proceeds from the German Chess Federation is used to promote chess in Germany.

€666
spacious_mind

Re: The King Limited Edition

Post by spacious_mind »

Chessmaster Ireland wrote:https://www.schachbund.de/emanuel-laske ... puter.html

EMANUEL LASKER

For Lasker year 2018 , the German manufacturer MILLENNIUM in cooperation with the German Chess Federation has produced a special chess computer in limited edition, on the occasion of the 150th birthday of the only German chess world champion. The product can only be ordered via the website of the German Chess Federation. The delivery includes a special issue of Emanuel Lasker society, plus the Exclusive chessboardwith figure recognition and the new control module with the world-famous The King software, with a special edition badge. In this configuration, this chess computer is nowhere commercially available! From each sold copy of this unique special edition, a portion of the proceeds from the German Chess Federation is used to promote chess in Germany.

€666
LOL there we have it, its official!! Its the German Tester machines!! :)

Best regards
Nick
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Steve B wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:
Chessmaster Ireland wrote:https://www.schachbund.de/emanuel-laske ... puter.html

EMANUEL LASKER

€666
LOL there we have it, its offcial!! Its the German Tester machines!! :)

Best regards
A price of 666??
what are we dealing with the Devil here?
We have several retailers here and in Europe selling Mellenium products and now we need to order this from the German Chess Federation
Seriously??

I don't think so Regards
Steve
Try and order it. Bet you can't :) So my guess is that a USCF deal will show up soon too, or maybe not.
Nick
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

spacious_mind wrote:
Steve B wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:

EMANUEL LASKER

€666
LOL there we have it, its offcial!! Its the German Tester machines!! :)

Best regards
A price of 666??
what are we dealing with the Devil here?
We have several retailers here and in Europe selling Mellenium products and now we need to order this from the German Chess Federation
Seriously??

I don't think so Regards
Steve
Try and order it. Bet you can't :)
I am just now checking my "Bucket" List of things I need/want to do before I die
and wait...let me see.... nope ...I don't see"Promoting Chess In Germany" on the list so I guess I wont be logging onto the German Chess Federation website anytime soon..even if they let me

666 Regards
Steve
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Well you can buy that computer anywhere in the World! No, wait except for USA.... LOL
Nick
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

spacious_mind wrote:Well you can buy that computer anywhere in the World! No, wait except for USA.... LOL

I Think your exactly right Nick
these must be the used testing units
I think the Millennium folks are reading theses pages daily

we have two threads currently running dealing with...
1)the mysterious and dubious details of the "official" testers and their units
2)USCF SE computer

I think they came up with this idea after reading these posts
now....mind you .. when the USCF SE was released you could but it directly from the USCF ...and pay a higher price...but it could also be bought from retailers

here we seem to have a computer only available if you are a member of the German Chess Federation or have registered on their Web Site

Revelation 13:18 Regards
Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Steve B wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:Well you can buy that computer anywhere in the World! No, wait except for USA.... LOL

1)the mysterious details of the "official" testers and their units
2)USCF SE computer

now....mind you .. when the USCF SE was released you could but it directly from the USCF ...and pay a higher price...but it could also be bought from retailers

here we seem to have a computer only available if you are a member of the German Chess Federation or have registered on their Web Site

Steve
Well not all things are made equal in this World.....

OK going to stop posting in this post, don't want to further promote unequal business practices...

Regards
Nick
Nick
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

spacious_mind wrote:
Steve B wrote:

2)USCF SE computer

Steve

OK going to stop posting in this post, don't want to further promote unequal business practices...

Regards
Nick
Well I know several German collector's I consider to be friends of mine and I guess I could ask them to buy one for me and ship to me and I think they would do it but I agree...its time to take a stand and boycott this Limited Edition

Ill Wait Till It Shows Up On Ebay Regards
Steve
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Steve B wrote:
spacious_mind wrote:
Steve B wrote:

2)USCF SE computer

Steve

Regards
Nick
Well I know several German collector's I consider to be friends of mine and I guess I could ask them to buy one for me and ship to me and I think they would do it but I agree...its time to take a stand and boycott this Limited Edition

Ill Wait Till It Shows Up On Ebay Regards
Steve
That was my first inclination too, but now I think its more important to stick to your principles. Don't want my money, great I have other things I can spend it on. Besides I would be extremely pissed if those ended up being test units at speeds or versions that are different then what was later sold to the general public.

It would make all the tests done to date null and void...

Regards
Nick
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Steve B wrote:

Steve
Btw... forgot to mention that earlier, your comment is not completely accurate Steve. The link sends you directly to Millennium and it is Millennium who limits it to the whole of Europe and Brazil. So its a Millennium decision to exclude USA., not the German Schachverband. Never knew Brazil was part of Europe.

Regards

Nick
Nick
JeffB

Post by JeffB »

Never knew Brazil was part of Europe.
They were given the UK's seat in the EU. It's called "Brenter".
Cheers,

Jeff B.
steffen

Post by steffen »

Hi chaps,

don't worry.

I spoke with Thomas from Millennium and he says you can order this Lasker Edition.
Just write them an email in the webshop and he will be happy to sell you one (as long as available) and tell you the shipping costs, I guess. He sends his regards to you.

The reason why you could not order in their webshop was that shipping costs are not installed in their webshop, he says.
Please be aware that the booklet about Lasker - being issued by the German Chess Federation - is written in German.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

steffen wrote:Hi chaps,

don't worry.

I spoke with Thomas from Millennium and he says you can order this Lasker Edition.
Just write them an email in the webshop and he will be happy to sell you one (as long as available) and tell you the shipping costs, I guess. He sends his regards to you.

The reason why you could not order in their webshop was that shipping costs are not installed in their webshop, he says.
Please be aware that the booklet about Lasker - being issued by the German Chess Federation - is written in German.
Thanks for the Info Steffen
i guess that changes everything
i tried sending an email from the webshop but i received URL Error messages
i sent an email to info@xmodus-systems.de instead

Caving In Regards
Steve
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

I had used this contact link earlier:

https://webshoparea.de/kontaktformular

Waiting for response

Regards
Nick
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Well I have to say Millennium has come through, thanks to Steffen and Millennium. Order placed.

Regards
Nick
Nick