HIARCS analysis scores

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Fuzzie

HIARCS analysis scores

Post by Fuzzie »

Hi, I have a query regarding HIARCS analysis mode when it reports its evaluation of some moves. I'm using HIARCS 11.2 under Sigma 6.1.5 on an iMac G5 computer, Mac OS X 10.5.

For the Analyze... option I have Analysis time per move as 03:00 and no options at all selected in the Filter. Under Preferences->Scores&Analysis, I have Relative Numerical and the Score, Main Line and Short Format options selected.

Now, when HIARCS does its analysis stuff, for the most part it looks OK, but for example I see:
18 Nxd4
(-0.34) -0.41 18. Qe3 etc.

I find that a little strange as I was expecting the main line to be always better but the move played has a better score. Another move has:
21 ... Rfc8
(+0.77) +0.46 21... Rbc8 etc.

I'm wondering why this happens and how much I can trust the scores given?
martinus

Post by martinus »

Olá. I don't have that problem. I use it with some filters, like: don't post analysis when Sigma agrees with the move played and also don't post when move played is too close in evaluation to the Hiarcs favorite move (like +0.33). I also use it with relative evaluation.

You could try to email the developer, I have done it twice or more, he is a very kind person and he cares about the program.