The King Performance

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Schachspieler

The King Performance

Post by Schachspieler »

Something new in chesscomputer heaven!

https://www.topschach.de/king-performan ... anguage=en

;-)

I will write a preview as soon as possible. :-)
xchessg

Re: The King Performance

Post by xchessg »

Schachspieler wrote:Something new in chesscomputer heaven!

https://www.topschach.de/king-performan ... anguage=en

;-)

I will write a preview as soon as possible. :-)
Hi,

What is new about it? Apart from having two modules integrated in the board, in front of the player, something I don't like about Revelation I/II neither.

Aha, that optical ressemblence to Revelation I/II, is that the big novelty? Add Hiarcs, Shredder, etc with memory to retain position and other game info while the game is interupted (improving on Rev) and I'm buying. Forget about Cesar or Centaur or what's is its name...

Go Millenium, go!

regards
Schachspieler

Post by Schachspieler »

xchessg wrote:What is new about it?
the price! and it has no piece recognition
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Schachspieler wrote:
in stock thursday Oct.31.2019

Benny..you are a master of marketing ..wetting the customers appetite 6 month in advance
now if you can only get DGT to make a Wooden Centaur WITH a back cover ..then you will achieve the GrandMaster Norm of Marketing

Marketing Elo 2800 Regards
Steve
Last edited by Steve B on Fri May 17, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
woodpusher

Opportunity

Post by woodpusher »

This is the perfect opportunity to add a faster processor and more memory for the hash tables.

Why the same spec?
Schachspieler

Post by Schachspieler »

Steve B wrote:
Schachspieler wrote:

Benny..you are a master of marketing ..wetting the customers appetite 6 month in advance
now if you can only get DGT to make a Wooden Centaur WITH a back cover ..then you will archive the GrandMaster Norm of Marketing

Steve
:-D --- I talked with Hans (DGT) today and we came to the conclusion, that a wodden Centaur will come.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Schachspieler wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Schachspieler wrote:

now if you can only get DGT to make a Wooden Centaur WITH a back cover ..then you will archive the GrandMaster Norm of Marketing

Steve
:-D --- I talked with Hans (DGT) today and we came to the conclusion, that a wodden Centaur will come.
Great

WITH Back Cover Regards
Steve
fdimeglio

Post by fdimeglio »

Thank you Benny for sharing this.
and it has no piece recognition
Really ? This decision seems a bit strange to me as Millenium has already piece recognition. Is it related to keeping the price down as much as possible ?
I talked with Hans (DGT) today and we came to the conclusion, that a wodden Centaur will come.
Super great ! I will get it :-)

Suddently Plenty Of Machines To Come Regards,

Fabrice
Looking for a nice Fidelity EAG or A/S and a Odin Encore. Please send me a private message.
Mythbuster

Post by Mythbuster »

fdimeglio wrote:This decision seems a bit strange to me as Millenium has already piece recognition. Is it related to keeping the price down as much as possible ?
Well, yes, this is the downside ... the upside is the price: 349,- Euro incuding sales tax in Europe.

Right now there is only a non working Prototype ... five working ones will come within the next few weeks. I will get one. I will write my Review like everytime at .info

TK told me today, if everything will work, the plan is to sell them at the end of September.

Nevertheless, then everybody has the choice between two very different machines within the same price tag.

Having the choice is always better Regards,
Sascha
fdimeglio

Post by fdimeglio »

Thank you Sascha for those infos.
five working ones will come within the next few weeks. I will get one.
I can help by doing some testing too. Can you ask them to contact me ?
Nevertheless, then everybody has the choice between two very different machines within the same price tag.
Similar price tag I guess but very different User Experience. Wood will probably always win over plastic.

Wood Or Not Wood That Is The Question Regards,

Fabrice
Looking for a nice Fidelity EAG or A/S and a Odin Encore. Please send me a private message.
Mythbuster

Post by Mythbuster »

By the way to give some real information for every King owner: Both machines will have the same software ... that means, new features will come to both machines.

The acual Beta which I am testing includes also the new Chess 960 mode ... ;)

Keep you informed Regards,
Sascha
Yarc

Post by Yarc »

For those that might prefer an all in one unit this would fit the bill and at a very good price.

If Millennium ever want to release a new chess engine module I guess they will produce another all in one unit like the King Performance. Just hope they will continue to support the MCGE/Lasker boards with any new chess engine modules.

What would really be nice is an all in one unit with selectable engines, space for additional engines and built-in blu-tooth. Erm, this sounds like another machine.

I'm still waiting for a working King Lasker board and new machine are coming out. It might be wise for people to wait before ordering a King Performance, unitil any glitches have been ironed out.

Initial thoughts Regards
Ray
"I'm not so sure you're on the right track now."..."Oh! I see what you mean."
Chessnut

Post by Chessnut »

If it comes in at 349 Euro my Centaur ( assuming it comes by then 😳 ) will be on EBay double quick.

If only it were available now !

Regards,

Keith
pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

Well I think it looks nice wood and wooden pieces what appears a good engine, if they can keep it down to that price then I may well buy one.
King Performance Chess Computer M830
Yarc

Post by Yarc »

pr1uk wrote:Well I think it looks nice wood and wooden pieces what appears a good engine, if they can keep it down to that price then I may well buy one.
The King engine is very good and well worth having. Very strong and very exciting dynamic play. The ability to create unique personalities to play against adds another dimension.

A wooden board with piece recognition coupled with an excellent King engine at the suggested price is very good value for money.

Regards
Ray
"I'm not so sure you're on the right track now."..."Oh! I see what you mean."