Having a Problem with Databases MAC

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Evan

Having a Problem with Databases MAC

Post by Evan »

I am running Sierra 10.12.6. I tried to add a new database. I am not getting the pop up box described in the MAC training Video. So I can't figure out a way to name the data base.

Also, it is not clear to me how to add a group of .pgn files to a database all at once. I presume there is a way to do this.

Evan
SFK3

Post by SFK3 »

Hi Evan,

though being on 10.11. El Capitan myself, I think System reaction should vary.

If you requested new database, a tab - like such when a pgn was opened - should come up. Try to force saving (CMD+S) and the usual save-as-dialog should appear. Slect Folder to store it in etc... If autosave is enabled in the Program Settings, this should automatically happen after the Default time set.

Concerning adding games to a database:

Open the database (pgn-file) of your collection as well as (at the same time) the pgn-file, from which games should be copied (=source file)

Select the game(s) from the source pgn i.e. by filtering. Alternative don't filter if all games should be copied.

Then use EDIT menue -> copy -> Games... (I have created a Keyboard short cut - i.e.CMD+k, which is free in Hiarcs for it) and Hiarcs will ask WHERE to copy to. Here, you have to click on the DESTINATION file (=your collection), so choose the existing or new database...

...and you are done.

Cheers

Uwe