hiarcs not responding

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

JC

hiarcs not responding

Post by JC »

I'm having a problem after adding comments to a game. I am able to save the game but when I want to close the database the program posts a 'not responding' message. I'm running the currect 1.9.1 version. The program allows me to close a database as long as I haven't added comments or variations. This has been happening for the last week. I've had this program for a long time and have not experienced this issue before. Also, I opened my computer's resource monitor and hiarcs is using 100% of my cpu.
JC

Re: hiarcs not responding

Post by JC »

JC wrote:I'm having a problem after adding comments or variations to a game. I am able to save the game but when I want to close the database the program posts a 'not responding' message. I'm running the current 1.9.1 version. I only have this problem with one particular database and I know the problem is not the size of the db as I have others that are much larger that I have no problem with. If, as I suspect, the problem is a corrupted pgn file does anyone know how I could repair it without losing the data? I've tried saving the games into a new database and the problem is identical.