Cyrus running with 3giga cpu and 3 giga Ram. How strong+

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Cyrus running with 3giga cpu and 3 giga Ram. How strong+

Post by Fernando »

I have had problems to defeat this very old program, Cyrus. Probably in his times it was a 1700 Elo thing or so, but now looks to me as far stronger, perhaps a 1900=2000 programs
What do you think Nick?

F
Festina Lente
spacious_mind

Re: Cyrus running with 3giga cpu and 3 giga Ram. How strong+

Post by spacious_mind »

Fernando wrote:I have had problems to defeat this very old program, Cyrus. Probably in his times it was a 1700 Elo thing or so, but now looks to me as far stronger, perhaps a 1900=2000 programs
What do you think Nick?

F
I would place it even higher than that maybe between 2000-2100. Cyrus plays good.

Regards
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Re: Cyrus running with 3giga cpu and 3 giga Ram. How strong+

Post by Fernando »

spacious_mind wrote:
Fernando wrote:I have had problems to defeat this very old program, Cyrus. Probably in his times it was a 1700 Elo thing or so, but now looks to me as far stronger, perhaps a 1900=2000 programs
What do you think Nick?

F
I would place it even higher than that maybe between 2000-2100. Cyrus plays good.

Regards
According to Lang, there is a lot of Cyrus in his later work, Genius. Not amazing. Every programmer -and any creator, in fact- just develop along his creative life certain original paradigms that were present in his mind from the very beginning. For the same reason every creator -or almost every- have just ONE shot and when this exhaust all its possibilities, the creator is no more. It has been seen many times in this field.

Fern
Festina Lente