Millennium ChessGenius Exclusive or DGT

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Yarc

Re: MCGE Update

Post by Yarc »

25 years ago Fidelity had an Elite Premier with two programs "in" it.
There's no reason technically, at this date and time, Millennium couldn't put out a board with not just two, but several programs in it. The menu system would have a "program" select........ and now you have the Millennium Exclusive equivalent of the DGT Pi/DGT board.
How nice that would be if Millenium released a plug in module with engine selection. I e-mailed them recently about how they were going to release the new King engine and the pending Lang engine update and if both would be in the same module. I was told that the hardware does not support having both engines. The King engine will be released in its own module and may also have a hardware update (to be decided). The Lang engine update will be free, which is good although I'm not sure what it will bring.

I don't currently own an Exclusive, but thinking about it. Cost is a concern at the moment.

Regards

Ray
BlackSails911

Post by BlackSails911 »

I find that the Millennium ChessGenius to be much stronger than the Millennium Pro, the 300 Mhz seems to make a big difference. It also plays many different openings. This is my first experience with piece recognition and I am not sure I can ever go back to touch sensory.
Yarc

Post by Yarc »

BlackSails911 wrote:I find that the Millennium ChessGenius to be much stronger than the Millennium Pro, the 300 Mhz seems to make a big difference. It also plays many different openings. This is my first experience with piece recognition and I am not sure I can ever go back to touch sensory.
I believe the extra speed of the Exclusive gives it close to a 100 ELO gain over it's predecessor depending on the time control, so yes the Exclusive is much stronger. It's large Human book of 300,000 moves will give good variation to games, but if it's like the CG Pro, the H Book does not seem to fair so well against other chess computers. This comes from my limited testing and from what I have read on forums, so not conclusive!

I have yet to experience piece recognition, but apart from the obvious ease of use, I think it must makes the playing experience that much better.

I'm busily woking out my finances to see if I can stretch to getting one, hmmmm.

Regards

Ray
jhtruong

Post by jhtruong »

Yarc wrote:
25 years ago Fidelity had an Elite Premier with two programs "in" it.
There's no reason technically, at this date and time, Millennium couldn't put out a board with not just two, but several programs in it. The menu system would have a "program" select........ and now you have the Millennium Exclusive equivalent of the DGT Pi/DGT board.
How nice that would be if Millenium released a plug in module with engine selection. I e-mailed them recently about how they were going to release the new King engine and the pending Lang engine update and if both would be in the same module. I was told that the hardware does not support having both engines. The King engine will be released in its own module and may also have a hardware update (to be decided). The Lang engine update will be free, which is good although I'm not sure what it will bring.

I don't currently own an Exclusive, but thinking about it. Cost is a concern at the moment.

Regards

Ray

I was wondering if they say anything about there release date
Yarc

Post by Yarc »

quote]I was wondering if they say anything about there release date[/quote]

Only approximations:

Lang engine update first quarter of 2018,

The king engine first half of 2018.

Regards

Ray