HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index HIARCS Chess Forums
World Championship winning computer chess software program & downloads for chess database, analysis and play on PC, Mac and iPhone

QuestionsQuestions   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Fidelity EAS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
Larry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Fidelity EAS Reply with quote

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RARE-FIDELITY-ELECTRONICS-ELITE-AUTO-SENSORY-CHESS-CHALLENGER-JEU-DECHECS/232464994481?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

The blurb is in French, but it looks like the seller is pulling the
'no adaptor, can't test it' trick.
This model has been on my wish list for some time. I'm wondering
whether or not to take a punt.
L
JeffB

Full Name: Jeff Bosch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was on my list I'd risk it. The board looks in excellent condtion, and the knights and bishops can be taught to start in their proper squares, except for the missing one that's probably off to its favorite pub. The language is French according to the sticker, so there's an excellent opportunity to learn another language. And the "No adapter gambit" may be genuine, as I believe the bigger Fidelity boards used multiple voltage adapters with DIN connectors, which can be hard to find. Perhaps the missing bishop ran off with it. But, worse case, you can buy an upgraded board from the Mad Modder should the spirit of this board have gone on to the Great Silicon Heaven.

P.S. I've had better luck buying from the I Can't Test It Club than I have from five-star sellers, too many of whom can't be bothered to check battery compartments for leakage and corrosion. I own probably more than 100 chess computers so I have a little experience at the game.

Good luck!

Jeff B.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> Main Lobby / General Discussions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: