Chess Insight new app for Mac

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
SedarPL

Chess Insight new app for Mac

Post by SedarPL »

Since yesterday I test new soft for Mac.

Chess Insight is good piece of Mac database soft. And, it is native for MacOS :-))

Chess Insight is database app with Stockfish engine module for analyze. It appear in AppsTore few weeks before.
After few hours with it, I think it is interesting choice for players, coachers, chess clubbers to manage defragmented games (in few databases), explore openings or analyze games with endgame table bases.

Good to see, developer released updates and is very communicate person.
Many earlier apps is for Mac outdated and has old / no intuitive / complicated interfaces.
Chess Insight is simple, lightweight, fast, clean and effective chess app.

I think, developer should implement few functions, e.g. analyze whole game, opportunity to using other chess engines (uci & xboard) search by games by setup pieces (e.g. only pawns), etc. but for now it is very promising :-))

Personaly, I use Mac, and I missed native app for my private chess games.

Below, link to Chess Insight homepage.
http://www.chessinsightpro.com
chesspcmac

Post by chesspcmac »

Thats good news. The graphics looks awesome. Im glad people are working on chess products for the MAC.
I think to be really successful you need to make the program interact with chess boards (DGT) or chess computers (citrine, excalibur)

Best of luck Regards

Mike
"Sir, the slowness of genius is hard to bear, but the slowness of mediocrity is insufferable"

Henry Thomas Buckle
SedarPL

Post by SedarPL »

@chesspcmac

Interesting ideas. I think, this software is very promising :-)