Mephisto Berlin 68000 connector to adapter?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Scally

Mephisto Berlin 68000 connector to adapter?

Post by Scally »

Hi all,

I've acquired a Mephisto Berlin 68000 with the official HGN 5004A adapter but the power socket in the Berlin is very recessed and the pin seems short, consequently the adapter round plug doesn't stay in the slot or power the Berlin without holding it in place.

Has anyone else noticed this problem or maybe my socket pin has been partially snapped off.

Here's a picture, any ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Al

Murat

Post by Murat »

I had the same problem with my Risc 2500. Did end up buying an aftermarket adapter with a shorter pin (9mm)

donkeylane

Post by donkeylane »

I had a Berlin and a Berlin Pro Al, and what I found noticeable was the deep recess for the adaptor connection ,and also from looking at your photo the pin does seem too short,stating the obvious I know,but I can't add anything to that other than I'm not surprised at the problem. Regards Steve C.
Scally

Post by Scally »

Thanks Guys,

The HGN 5004A power supply says 8v although most sites say its 9v.

I swapped it with a switchable adapter I use for the Polgar Exclusive at 7.5v which has a shorter connection, this works fine on the Berlin.

I’m hoping the Berlin Power supply at 8v will not harm the Polgar Exclusive which I’m sure has a regulated board?

Cheers,

Al.