First game against Advanced Turbo Trainer by Saitek

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

First game against Advanced Turbo Trainer by Saitek

Post by Fernando »

It was a defeat as you can imagine. MY defeat. Bad opening, Saitek got a pawn and from then on it was a long, bitter retreat and unhopeful battle.
As always happens when you get a new old chess comp, you, no matter how much you try to be respectful, are caught by an air of testing, of being daring, of "look and see what this machine does", etc, all of which make you play if not entirely absent mind, it does affect your mood as If a deep part of you does not want to win the very first game AND then becoming disappointed with it.
On the contrary, that first defeat make you enthusiastic about the new machine, which, BTW, is a gift from a pal here, Paul W, who was kind enough not only to offer it to me once, but many times after my first and second decent refusal.
Thanks Paul.
Next game I will NOT ose a pawn and I will tech the little beast a lesson or two....I hope

Fern
Festina Lente
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

Hi Fern,

Have fun playing it! If you loose the next one I may give you a hint for the next game ;-)

Turbo Advanced playing pleasure regards,
Paul
2024 Special thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12741
2024 Special results and standings: https://schaakcomputers.nl/paul_w/Tourn ... 25_06.html
If I am mistaken, it must be caused by a horizon effect...
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

paulwise3 wrote:Hi Fern,

Have fun playing it! If you loose the next one I may give you a hint for the next game ;-)

Turbo Advanced playing pleasure regards,
Paul

In the meantime, give me a hint for the book...:-)

Fern
Festina Lente