New 'Wood' machine from MILLENNIUM

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:
I have the painful impression that you are kidding us...
Stay Tuned Regards
Steve
I am tuned but no sound of any kind here regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Reinfeld

Post by Reinfeld »

Steve said:
Hopefully this new computer will have ANY engine author OTHER then Lang??
I don't think I could survive yet another Lang Engine in a new schachcomputer
I guess I'm not as hardcore as some of the other folks around here. What exactly is wrong with another Lang dedicated, especially a wood version? Don't we have tons of Spracklens, Kittingers, Nelsons and especially Morsches? What's the problem with a Lang glut?

I have exactly one Lang machine - a Berlin Pro that I hunted for years. I know his stuff is in the newer Millenniums (I haven't acquired one yet), but honestly, isn't it good stuff?

Fern says the program is boring. I get it. Very defensive, very crabby in style, enormously hard to beat - but what a contrast with the others. My god, a machine that actually plays decent endgames. Is that so awful? I just set up a lark match between Super Connie and Systema Legend, and grew weary when SC reached an obvious winning endgame that it simply refuses to prosecute, leading to 30 moves of woodshifting.

Liking some endgame chops regards,

- R.
"You have, let us say, a promising politician, a rising artist that you wish to destroy. Dagger or bomb are archaic and unreliable - but teach him, inoculate him with chess."
– H.G. Wells
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Reinfeld wrote:
What exactly is wrong with another Lang dedicated, especially a wood version?
I have exactly one Lang machine
- R.
well from your standpoint it wouldn't bother me either
For myself and I suspect for many other collectors.. I have more Lang Computers then any other
haven't counted all of the models but it must number in the 30-40 range
the irksome issue for me is ..
FINALLY .... after all of these years... we are getting new computers and it is all Lang ..all of the time

anyway..as I hinted above ..soon I will be getting in a new ..old computer...

Not Lang Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Reinfeld wrote:Steve said:
Hopefully this new computer will have ANY engine author OTHER then Lang??
I don't think I could survive yet another Lang Engine in a new schachcomputer
I guess I'm not as hardcore as some of the other folks around here. What exactly is wrong with another Lang dedicated, especially a wood version? Don't we have tons of Spracklens, Kittingers, Nelsons and especially Morsches? What's the problem with a Lang glut?

I have exactly one Lang machine - a Berlin Pro that I hunted for years. I know his stuff is in the newer Millenniums (I haven't acquired one yet), but honestly, isn't it good stuff?

Fern says the program is boring. I get it. Very defensive, very crabby in style, enormously hard to beat - but what a contrast with the others. My god, a machine that actually plays decent endgames. Is that so awful? I just set up a lark match between Super Connie and Systema Legend, and grew weary when SC reached an obvious winning endgame that it simply refuses to prosecute, leading to 30 moves of woodshifting.

Liking some endgame chops regards,

- R.
My dear colleague:
Nothing wrong with Lang, but perhaps with Millenium. It is just we expected that IF some revival will occur, then it should be of several corpses and not only lang...which anyway you can get anytime for android, PC, etc. That does not happens with Spracklen stuff..
Festina Lente
Bryan Whitby

Post by Bryan Whitby »

I might be wrong but did I read somewhere that Ruud Martin is going to release some Spracklen engines with the new Reflection model??
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Chessmaster Ireland wrote:I might be wrong but did I read somewhere that Ruud Martin is going to release some Spracklen engines with the new Reflection model??
yeah, great, but this guy and his stuff is expensive, only available for rich people like Steven.

I am prepared just to buy 15 bucks stuff regards
Fern
Festina Lente
Josef

Post by Josef »

I ordered Reflection module, I think, it is not so expensive compared with Mephisto classic.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Mephisto-Munchen ... Swo4pYeR1U
pennine22

Post by pennine22 »

Is this the final version of the Millennium ChessGenius Exclusive? If so, they've smartened up the console a lot and a color scheme suited to the wooden board ...

Just when I'd set myself up with a DGT system.

David

http://www.topschach.de/chessgenius-exc ... -3625.html
franco88

Post by franco88 »

I have been in communication with Raphael from Chess House. He is offering the Chess Genius Exclusive at $599 now PLUS a 10% discount. He is limiting this special to the first 20 takers and this offer expires on March 8. You can read more about this computer here. http://blog.chesshouse.com/chess-genius ... -computer/
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

franco88 wrote:I have been in communication with Raphael from Chess House. He is offering the Chess Genius Exclusive at $599 now PLUS a 10% discount. He is limiting this special to the first 20 takers and this offer expires on March 8. You can read more about this computer here. http://blog.chesshouse.com/chess-genius ... -computer/
Its a Pre-Order
you pay now but the computer might not ship until sometime this month or April

Ill Wait Regards
Steve
Sargon1972

Post by Sargon1972 »

Hello Guys,

Well as i say always ,we can be glad a company build chess computers

But for u more nice info , it seems that this year DGT will come to with a new creation ,and no it is not a Rev III

Kr,Hans
Hello
I am from Netherlands and many years involved with computerchess
It,s a way of life i suppose :p

Kr,Hans
SirDave

Post by SirDave »

I would think that Millennium has an opportunity to increase income by making other engines available sooner than later. I'd be willing to pay extra for them.

Income Enhancement Regards,
Dave
scandien

Post by scandien »

Me too ... money is already saved for the next version with another engine (whatever the engine except Lang) :D

br

Nicolas
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Have you noticed that everyone of them promises more.... but.... it is always sometime in the future after you have bought yet another of the same.

Promises...promises... Lang uishing here.. regards
Nick
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

spacious_mind wrote: Promises...promises... Lang uishing here.. regards
:P
Well at least the board has piece recognition
only the 5th board ever released with it
if not for that I would seriously consider not buying it because of the Lang retread again and again

Old Lang Syne Regards
Steve