HIARCS sometimes hangs and doesn't move

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

finestructur137

HIARCS sometimes hangs and doesn't move

Post by finestructur137 »

Hey everyone,

I've been having a problem with HIARCS on my iPad. I often use HIARCS to work on tactics puzzles, so when I load a position and play against the engine, it sometimes just hangs and doesn't make a move - even if I hit the "Move Now" button. When I load in a position, I usually just set the time controls 5 sec/move, so I shouldn't have to resort to "Move Now". I made sure that the play mode settings are such that HIARCS is actually playing (not two-player). Has anyone else had this problem?
royb

Re: HIARCS sometimes hangs and doesn't move

Post by royb »

finestructur137 wrote:Hey everyone,

I've been having a problem with HIARCS on my iPad. I often use HIARCS to work on tactics puzzles, so when I load a position and play against the engine, it sometimes just hangs and doesn't make a move - even if I hit the "Move Now" button. When I load in a position, I usually just set the time controls 5 sec/move, so I shouldn't have to resort to "Move Now". I made sure that the play mode settings are such that HIARCS is actually playing (not two-player). Has anyone else had this problem?
I have not seen this problem on my iPad version of HIARCS. What IOS version are you running? I'm running IOS 9.3.1.
finestructur137

I'm running 9.3.2.
royb

Post by royb »

finestructur137 wrote:I'm running 9.3.2.
I just upgraded to 9.3.2 and still do not see your problem. Perhaps others will be able to reproduce it and that may give Mark some insights into the problem.
finestructur137

Have you tried to load in a middle game position and play it from there?