Hiarcs 2015 - a new Hiarcs engine?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

fourthirty

Post by fourthirty »

Thanks for the update Mark. Eagerly awaiting the new version.

Greg
zamana

Post by zamana »

Mark Uniacke wrote:HCE v2.0 and Hiarcs 15 will not be available in 2015. At the moment Spring 2016 seems most likely.
Any news about the HCE version 1.9?

The 1.89 beta seems ok to me.
gabeeg

Post by gabeeg »

Spring is about to be sprung, hoping Hiarcs is still on track for a spring 2016 release! ...any updates, hints...teases?
Kind Regards,
Harry Miktarian
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Hiarcs experimental engine versions are hugely stronger than any previous Hiarcs so you can be assured it will be a very big jump in strength. The release however is still sometime away and we want it to be available with HCE v2 so you still have some time to wait. I doubt it will be available until after the Spring.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
herO

Post by herO »

Mark Uniacke wrote:Hiarcs experimental engine versions are hugely stronger than any previous Hiarcs so you can be assured it will be a very big jump in strength. The release however is still sometime away and we want it to be available with HCE v2 so you still have some time to wait. I doubt it will be available until after the Spring.
Great news! I'm really looking forward for the new Hiarcs Chess Explorer 2.0 and Hiarcs 15 engine! :)
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

Mark Uniacke wrote:Hiarcs experimental engine versions are hugely stronger than any previous Hiarcs so you can be assured it will be a very big jump in strength. The release however is still sometime away and we want it to be available with HCE v2 so you still have some time to wait. I doubt it will be available until after the Spring.
Good news! Is this a bitboard re-write?
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

I have had a few questions about the HCE v2 release and I want to clarify the release will not happen until the autumn at the earliest. I apologise for my over optimisitic prior estimates.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

Mark Uniacke wrote:I have had a few questions about the HCE v2 release and I want to clarify the release will not happen until the autumn at the earliest. I apologise for my over optimisitic prior estimates.
From a customer point of view the best news is just to be kept in the loop, as you are doing. As long as progress is happening and being reported back, we can wait.

I am VERY much looking forward to this new GUI though.
jimratliff

Post by jimratliff »

Mark Uniacke wrote:I have had a few questions about the HCE v2 release and I want to clarify the release will not happen until the autumn at the earliest. I apologise for my over optimisitic prior estimates.
Mark, is there anything general you can say about the type of improvements or added capabilities 2.0 will have?

For example, anything about the interface that you feel confident in saying anything about?
syxbit

Post by syxbit »

I have been waiting to purchase HCE for a while now, but with news that HCE 2.0 should be right around the corner, I decided to wait.
I think it makes sense that once you're close to release, you announce that anyone who purchases HCE from now onwards gets a free upgrade to HCE2. That way people won't need to hold off purchasing.
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

syxbit wrote:I have been waiting to purchase HCE for a while now, but with news that HCE 2.0 should be right around the corner, I decided to wait.
I think it makes sense that once you're close to release, you announce that anyone who purchases HCE from now onwards gets a free upgrade to HCE2. That way people won't need to hold off purchasing.
+1.

Very good idea in my opinion.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

It's nice to hear that there will be a new HIARCS engine - hopefully for OS X, too :-)
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Patrick wrote:It's nice to hear that there will be a new HIARCS engine - hopefully for OS X, too :-)
Yes!
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

Just glancing at the calendar and noticing it is now September and looking out the window and noticing the weather is distinctly Autumnal in England; is there any update on HCE v2 or the HIARCS 15 engine?

Thanks.
herO

Post by herO »

Carl Bicknell wrote:
Just glancing at the calendar and noticing it is now September and looking out the window and noticing the weather is distinctly Autumnal in England; is there any update on HCE v2 or the HIARCS 15 engine?

Thanks.
New Hiarcs Chess Explorer 2.0 and Hiarcs 15 will be probably available after Summer 2017.