Collector's Corner... Your Most Expensive Chess Computer...

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Fernando wrote:IF and only If you feel a tremendous desire to get back the saitek, I, moved by friendship, can send it to you for free,
No gifts asked.

Do not forget the check for 5 k bucks regards
Fern
i would NEVER ask for a gift back..never even suggest buying it back or trading for it ..or anything
that would be the act of a man with no honor..a lowlife of a human being

Make it 3K Regards
Steve
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Steve B wrote:
Fernando wrote:IF and only If you feel a tremendous desire to get back the saitek, I, moved by friendship, can send it to you for free,
No gifts asked.

Do not forget the check for 5 k bucks regards
Fern
i would NEVER ask for a gift back..never even suggest buying it back or trading for it ..or anything
that would be the act of a man with no honor..a lowlife of a human being

Make it 3K Regards
Steve

I know that.
That is why I ask you a new champion Challenger for free.
Then I will send you a photo of myself with my signature, for free.

We are chevaliers, not just chess players regards
Fern
Festina Lente
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

I am so happy you started this thread! I got hit by the collecting virus only six months ago, bought already 16 machines, and my wife is starting to seriously worry about my mental health. But now I can show her this thread, as a proof that I'm not that mad after all.
Especially since my most expensive one is also my latest one: the Novag Citrine, for 150 euro. It is in great condition, only the PC-cable is missing, but I can do without (for now. anyone a spare cable?). So now my top three are (in order of most favourite): The Citrine, the Grandmaster an the Master Chess. Of course the Concerto is a nice machine to experiment with.
And I'm hoping to withstand the temptation (for the time being) to buy more machines above 100 euro...

Cheap collector regards,
Paul.
paulwise3

Post by paulwise3 »

And again bidding for another machine...

Getting really hooked regards,
Paul
pr1uk

Post by pr1uk »

paulwise3 wrote:And again bidding for another machine...

Getting really hooked regards,
Paul
The 'bug' you have it your soon be up there with the top boys

Peter
King Performance Chess Computer M830
vaporizer

Post by vaporizer »

Check my other post.$2,000 for my Tasc R-30 and $1,500 for my Chesster Phantom Eyeball.

For true knowledgeable collectors,they top Mephisto on the most desirable lists as well as all others.Now,if i could obtain the super rare Tasc R-40,my collection would be complete.If you own an R-40 and your willing to sell,your 4000 dollar check awaits.I will send it certified mail immediately!No joke.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

vaporizer wrote:Check my other post.$2,000 for my Tasc R-30 and $1,500 for my Chesster Phantom Eyeball.

Now,if i could obtain the super rare Tasc R-40,my collection would be complete.If you own an R-40 and your willing to sell,your 4000 dollar check awaits.I will send it certified mail immediately!No joke.
Why Yes ..I do own an R40 with V2.5 of the King Program
together with:
Smart Board 30
Complete piece set
Original box for R40 Unit(including original packing materials)
Original box(sleeve) for SB(including original packing materials)
Red velvet pouches for the pieces (with velvet draw strings)
All original manuals and adaptor...

I respectfully decline your offer

Have A Nice Day Regards
Steve
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Ah the R40............. if only 8)

It's been mentioned elsewhere but I do hope at some point in the future the Revelation II gets an emulator for the Tasc series.

I think there's only one way to prise the R40 from Steve's hands........ :lol:
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Wardy wrote:Ah the R40............. if only 8)

It's been mentioned elsewhere but I do hope at some point in the future the Revelation II gets an emulator for the Tasc series.

I think there's only one way to prise the R40 from Steve's hands........ :lol:
Yes Paul..this "Emulator" business seems to be depreciating the value of the original units
Still...IF the original engine author gives permission for the use of an emulation then I suppose its a coming tidal wave that cant be prevented

Wave Of The Future Regards
Steve
vaporizer

Post by vaporizer »

I agree.As I said about the R-30 2.5 Tasc as well as the much rarer R-40,most owners(like myself with the R-30)....do not want to part with them.But one day,I will get an R-40,i'm sure....maybe some dying off old chess collector that finally feels its time to part with it before the reaper comes knocking!Occasionally,I will see a Phantom Chesster on Ebay,but its usually only 1 every four or five years.The other model which looks like the Chesster,but it is not is not the 6126 model,but an earlier version with less bells and whistles(I forget the model #) does show up on Ebay more frequently,but it does not interest me or most other collectors and sells for around 400-500 dollars.But to even see the Tasc R-30 on EBay is very very rare.I have both chips...the 2.2 and the 2.5.Held on to the original 2.2 chip...felt it might increase the value a tiny bit when the reaper comes for me!

I forget,but I think that there were only 25 or so R-40 units produced?
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

vaporizer wrote: The other model which looks like the Chesster,but it is not is not the 6126 model,but an earlier version with less bells and whistles
There were three Fidelity Phantoms released for sale
Regular Phantom-no voice no eye balls(model 6100)
Chesster Phantom-voice but no Eyeballs(Model 6124)
Chesster Eyeball-voice with eyeballs(Model 6126)

actually I think the rarest of the 3 would be the 6124 Phantom
how many folks would want to buy a partially upgraded Phantom?
you either went for the basic model (6100)or you splurged on the 6126
vaporizer wrote:
I forget,but I think that there were only 25 or so R-40 units produced?
?
I don't think the exact number is known
legend has it that 20 were made but not all were sold
including myself I know of 5 collectors that have one( or had one at one time )

Avoiding The Grim Reaper Regards
Steve
vaporizer

Post by vaporizer »

Well,if you ever change your mind about the R-40,keep me in mind!I'll even throw in my Fidelity Mach 4 and Boris in a box...ha ha!Another computer hardly anyone has anymore was the robotic arm model,name I forget without researching it.Again,i'm not a big collector...only the two I mentioned,but I seek one or two computers yet,to make my personal preference complete.
Scally

Post by Scally »

Happy New Year Everyone......

I was going through old posts before I joined this forum and found this one ...

My most expensive Chess Computer was my Mephisto Lyon 68030 TM bought from Eric Hallsworth for over 5k in the early 90s. One day I must get the box out of of the attic as the original receipt is in it together with the English Manual which nobody seems to have.

My 2nd most expensive was my 2nd hand Revelation II with all emulations and a set of BCE S2WB - Stage 2 Western Chess Pieces at €3269 (£2845 at the time) plus €50 to have my name added.

The rest of my collection costs peanuts in comparison with the above 2.

Cheers,

Al.
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Post by Fernando »

Scally wrote:Happy New Year Everyone......

I was going through old posts before I joined this forum and found this one ...

My most expensive Chess Computer was my Mephisto Lyon 68030 TM bought from Eric Hallsworth for over 5k in the early 90s. One day I must get the box out of of the attic as the original receipt is in it together with the English Manual which nobody seems to have.

My 2nd most expensive was my 2nd hand Revelation II with all emulations and a set of BCE S2WB - Stage 2 Western Chess Pieces at €3269 (£2845 at the time) plus €50 to have my name added.

The rest of my collection costs peanuts in comparison with the above 2.

Cheers,

Al.
Clearly you are a man of means. I, for my part, have my more expensive chess comp incarnated by in a shit of papel with the publicity for CC7. I got it for 3 bucks in eBay and I think that I can in the next 50 years get my collection to grow with a flyer about Champion challenger.
I am a man of hope regards
Fern.
Festina Lente
Mike Watters

Post by Mike Watters »

Here is a game from a recent match between two of my most expensive oldies. Possibly a first for the internet.

[Event "Very Rare Match"]
[Site "UK"]
[Date "2017.01.03"]
[Round "3"]
[White "VEB Erfurt Chess-Master Table"]
[Black "Novag Robot Adversary"]
[Result "0-1"]
[BlackElo "1462"]
[WhiteElo "1100"]
[ECO "C26"]

1.e4 e5 2.Nc3 Nf6 3.Bc4 Bc5 4.Nf3 d6 5.d4 exd4 6.Nxd4 Bb4 7.Bg5 Bxc3+ 8.bxc3 O-O 9.Bxf6 Qxf6 10.O-O Re8 11.Qd3 c6 12.Rab1 Nd7 13.Rfe1 Nc5 14.Qf3 Qxf3 15.gxf3 b5 16.Bd3 Bd7 17.c4 a6 18.Re3 g6 19.Be2 f5 20.Bd3 Re5 21.f4 Ree8 22.exf5 Nxd3 23.cxd3 gxf5 24.Rg3+ Kf7 25.Rg5 Rg8 26.Re1 b4 27.Kh1 Kf6 28.Reg1 Rg6 29.Rxg6+ hxg6 30.Re1 Rb8 31.Kg2 c5 32.Nf3 Bc6 33.Kg3 Re8 34.Rxe8 Bxe8 35.d4 d5 36.cxd5 Bf7 37.d6 cxd4 38.Nxd4 Bxa2 39.Nc6 Ke6 40.d7 Kxd7 41.Nxb4 Bc4 42.Nc2 a5 43.Ne3 Bb3 44.Kf3 a4 45.h3 a3 46.h4 a2 47.Nxf5 gxf5 48.Ke3 a1=Q 49.Kf3 Qc3+ 50.Kg2 Bd5+ 51.Kf1 Qc4+ 52.Ke1 Qxf4 53.h5 Bf3 54.h6 Qc1# 0-1

There are a couple more games here - http://www.chesscomputeruk.com/html/veb ... table.html

A very Happy New Year to All
Mike