Dedicated chess machines more for collection than play

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

ricard60 wrote:You are right he has made dedicated chess computer for masters of high level so i will say he made a step to fill point 1) and is wonderfull.

For the moment i can not afford this type of machine lets say i am in point 2) so i was looking for a new dedicated chess computer with a rating between 1900 and 2100 and if is possible with an interface conection to a pc for no more than 350 dollars and you know what, i found it, with the interface conection you can make things real good the posibilities are big.

Make chess popular.
I assume you are talking about the Novag Citrine? or are you talking about the Novag Universal Board? I prefer the Universal Board if you can find one because you can play Sapphire, Sapphire II, VIP on it and also Star Sapphire and Star Diamond through a PC connection so you can have a lot more choices of dedicated computer opponents.
But that is my preference not trying to influence your choice ! :D

Regards
Nick
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Yes,

I could not choice any any better because where i live in this part of the world there is no local dealer of any dedicated chess computer. So i buy it in the nearest internet chess store wich is about 1,500 miles away.

the store gives me 3 year warranty.

They also have the Mephisto chess master that i think is stronger but no pc interface.

the star diamond and star shaphire are no longer in production. Only the obsidian but no pc interface.

The machine was send by mail so the post charge wont be so high so this cost 61 additional dollars and have to wait between 10 to 12 bussines days

If i wanted a faster mail the charges goes over 120 dollars.

regards
ricard60

Post by ricard60 »

Finally i have to say 3 things:

1) Maybe Novag comes up with something thru this interface

2) There is allready a nice driver from Arenachess

3) And maybe if somebody comes up with a driver for a palm and pocket pc we can have something like a resurrection module for less money.