Deep Hiarcs....welldone guys

Designed for posting all types of tournaments and Games (e.g. Man vs. Machine, Computer vs. Computer and basement matches.)

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Bigboy2012

Deep Hiarcs....welldone guys

Post by Bigboy2012 »

Hi all

Congrats to Mark and the team on winning the software championship.

I purchased Deep Hiarcs a few months ago and have not been disappointed. A great product and great free upgrades. Love the copy board image features and the softwrae upgrade to 1.5.1 etc. Working on a Mac 10.6.8 just added a couple of engines Stockfish 3 and Fruit 2.2.1 (admittedly Fruit is a bit older version, but difficult to find mac compatible chess software etc). Just out of curiosity today I played a 5 round 1 minute tourney (including Hiarcs engine). Deep Hiarcs won as you would expect, but some interesting results

Deep Hiarcs beat Stockfish 4.5 to 0.5,
Stockfish thrashed Fruit 5-0 as did Hiarcs
Hiarcs beat Stockfish 3-2
Deep Hiarcs beat Fruit 4.5 to 0.5 yes Fruit managed to draw 1 game lol!!

I then played a 5 minute tourney spec between Stockfish and Deep Hiarcs and horror of horrors Stockfish won 4.5 to 0.5!! I assume this is just a small sample and things would even up a bit, or is the case it that certain chess programmes are better at certain time limits??

Once again well done guys keep up the good work.