HIARCS 14 - Released before Out of Date?

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

TimC

HIARCS 14 - Released before Out of Date?

Post by TimC »

Mark & Harvey,
I know you are holding back on H14 to package it with your new database product, BUT, there are people like myself that will not jump into your new DB product right off the bat. I have much time and funds invested in the Chessbase format.

Please just release the engine!!

At the rate that you are holding back, that doggone Houdini will have another release out before you and steal the market again.

Why are you waiting? Thanks for letting me vent.
Tim
Quibbly34

Re: HIARCS 14 - Released before Out of Date?

Post by Quibbly34 »

[quote="TimC"]Mark & Harvey,
I know you are holding back on H14 to package it with your new database product, BUT, there are people like myself that will not jump into your new DB product right off the bat. I have much time and funds invested in the Chessbase format.

Please just release the engine!!

At the rate that you are holding back, that doggone Houdini will have another release out before you and steal the market again.

Why are you waiting? Thanks for letting me vent.
Tim[/quote]

Here Here :D
hurnavich

Hiarcs 14

Post by hurnavich »

I have had enough of waiting too time to spend the money saved else where!

Sorry mark i just wanted the engine.
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Sorry to hear that especially as it will be available in the next 24-36 hours, I am preparing all the discount emails and given all the combinations I know why some don't bother with upgrade discounts.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Just to add to that it is partly my fault. I found a bug in the latest engine that did not affect play but just excluding moves from analysis. Mark fixed it in a few minutes but we wanted 24 hours to run tests.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Great news Mark! Some of us appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this, I really think some of the earlier comments have been on the inappropriate side. Anyone who thinks an engine becomes out of date because of some new release of another engine is really missing the point, the world doesn't revolve around blitz elo ratings, which have no relevance to long time/correspondence games or serious analysis!

Andrew
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Chess Explorer is now released please use this new thread for any questions. http://hiarcs.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=55188#55188
TimC

Post by TimC »

Andrew wrote:Great news Mark! Some of us appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this, I really think some of the earlier comments have been on the inappropriate side. Anyone who thinks an engine becomes out of date because of some new release of another engine is really missing the point, the world doesn't revolve around blitz elo ratings, which have no relevance to long time/correspondence games or serious analysis!

Andrew
Did you miss the "Thanks for letting me rant" part?

I really do appreciate that work that Mark does and have been a long time customer of many HIARCS products.

Unless I misunderstood something, the engine was basically ready back in March of this year and was being held back whilst the database/GUI was being finished/tested. I wondered why the engine could not be released on a standalone basis earlier. That was/is the total and only point of my post.

Now I'm off to put in my order and get the download going. Have a great day!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I saw that bit, still don't think it was necessary. Anyway have just bought the package but now have to head off to work, won't get to play until this afternoon!!

Andrew