Fritz 10 GUI - Can you delete an engine?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Wardy

Fritz 10 GUI - Can you delete an engine?

Post by Wardy »

Afternoon Gents,

I was trying to reset the configuration of Zap Mexico within my Fritz 10 GUI. When I originally installed it I had to set the engine priority to below normal or the engine would freeze..........

I now have an updated download to hand and want to in effect re-install Zap again.

I know you can make an engine inactive but is it possible to totally delete it? I just want to set the engine up again with normal priority and the original name if possible?

Any help appreciated regards

Paul
Graham Banks

Re: Fritz 10 GUI - Can you delete an engine?

Post by Graham Banks »

Wardy wrote:Afternoon Gents,

I was trying to reset the configuration of Zap Mexico within my Fritz 10 GUI. When I originally installed it I had to set the engine priority to below normal or the engine would freeze..........

I now have an updated download to hand and want to in effect re-install Zap again.

I know you can make an engine inactive but is it possible to totally delete it? I just want to set the engine up again with normal priority and the original name if possible?

Any help appreciated regards

Paul
Delete it from the engine folder and also delete the relevant parameters file.
That should do it.

Regards, Graham.
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Many thanks Graham, I'll give that a try!

Cheers

Paul