Which One

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Ted Summers

Which One

Post by Ted Summers »

I would like to buy one of these by christmas. Which one is strongest? Which is the better Value? Please give Pros and Cons ...

Mephisto Master

Novag Citrine

Novag Obsidian

Thanks in Advance!
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Which One

Post by Steve B »

Ted Summers wrote:I would like to buy one of these by christmas. Which one is strongest? Which is the better Value? Please give Pros and Cons ...

Mephisto Master

Novag Citrine

Novag Obsidian

Thanks in Advance!
well well Ted
Is this your first dedicated computer??
:P

Ratings per Selective Search..

Master-2105 ..this is the Milano Pro and Senator Program
Citrine-2022-Star Ruby program with a larger book(.info boyz have a higher but older rating for it)
Obsidian-1974

personally i would buy the Citrine as it is the only wooden chess computer to be released as new in the past 10 years.it is also auto-sensory

in addition ..as you are somewhat of a PC engine expert you should also consider that the Citrine board can be connected to Arena and you can play against ANY engine that can be played in Arena
in fact you can connect to arena wirelessly using blue tooth!

Mike B.. a member here.. has done this and can help you with the details regarding connecting wirelessly (if this is of interest to you)

Have Your Cake And Eat It Too Regards
Steve
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

Steve B wrote:
Ted Summers wrote:I would like to buy one of these by christmas. Which one is strongest? Which is the better Value? Please give Pros and Cons ...

Mephisto Master

Novag Citrine

Novag Obsidian

Thanks in Advance!
well well Ted

Citrine-2022-Star Ruby program with a larger book(.info boyz have a higher but older rating for it)
Obsidian-1974

personally i would buy the Citrine as it is the only wooden chess computer to be released as new in the past 10 years.it is also auto-sensory

in addition ..as you are somewhat of a PC engine expert you should also consider that the Citrine board can be connected to Arena and you can play against ANY engine that can be played in Arena

Mike B.. a member here.. has done this and can help you with the details regarding connecting wirelessly (if this is of interest to you)

Steve
Not the 1st, but yes the 1st in a very long time. I notice they all seem to be very over rated (At least as Advertised). I have been looking very hard at the Citrine and like the features i've seen. If the rating difference is just 83 points, then the Citrine looks like the best value.

Thanks Much Steve, the info you gave has help me decide. I am going with the Citrine. I like the fact of connecting wirelessly, so I can always improve the playing strength.

PS: Here is the best price I've seen $297.

http://www.chesshouse.com/Novag_Citrine ... /b1032.htm
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Ted Summers wrote:
Steve B wrote:

Mephisto Master

Novag Citrine

Novag Obsidian

Thanks in Advance!
well well Ted

Obsidian-1974

Steve
Not the 1st, but yes the 1st in a very long time. I notice they all seem to be very over rated (At least as Advertised). I have been looking very hard at the Citrine and like the features i've seen. If the rating difference is just 83 points, then the Citrine looks like the best value.

Thanks Much Steve, the info you gave has help me decide. I am going with the Citrine. I like the fact of connecting wirelessly, so I can always improve the playing strength.

PS: Here is the best price I've seen $297.

http://www.chesshouse.com/Novag_Citrine ... /b1032.htm
a nice price indeed Ted
certainly MUCH cheaper then what i paid for mine

dont worry about it being out of stock presently
the Citrines sell like hotcakes.. and i am sure they will be fully stocked for the Xmas Run up

Good Choice Regards
Steve