Wiki Chess Computer page compromised?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Fluppio

Post by Fluppio »

Hi Steve,

another registration and my first post at Hiarcs Forum :wink:

The main criticism you mentioned is the use of the word "WM" for the Online Championship. As Nick said in several postings, it is grown from a private view. It was never seen as an official status or declaration. So, of course you can point it out as a silly behaviour. Maybe you're right and every member on this event is silly. My wife often told it to me too, because of the amount of chess computers in our little home :lol:

I think this event started from a small community and it is getting a bigger event now with nearly every top dedicated chess computer (beside Ruud's Rev./Res2) and I'm happy that someone started with this work, not only the online event, especially the wiki. It's a kind of feeling, that the world of dedicated chess computers comes alive again. Look at this Hiarcs forum; since the beginning in summer there are actually 353 members and continuing. The private pages with dedicated ones are growing too.

I don't know if you noticed the explanation of the Online Aktivschach WM in the Wiki, because it is in german.

Here are all rules explained and it is said, that it is a private event with no official status. I think that must be enough for every reader in the wiki to understand this tournament.

Peace Love and Harmony regards,
Peter

P.S. Sorry for not posting the link at the wiki, but it's not possible within the first posting in this forum.
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

hi Peter and welcome to the Hiarcs chess forums

my only objection is the to use of title "World Championships "in Wiki
just in Wiki
you are most welcome to post here as i know i am welcome to post in .INFO

in fact if you will notice i am even a member there

:P
i wish you the best of luck in this years online open tournament which i think begins today

Fidelity Grandmaster Voice Regards
Steve