Do you Touch the Pieces?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.

When Playing Online, Do you Touch the Pieces?

Yes
70%
No
30%

Total votes: 10

Ted Summers

Do you Touch the Pieces?

Post by Ted Summers »

We have all heard of the "Touch Move" rule in chess. Which means if you touch a piece you have to move it. So here is the question, When playing a game online do you touch the pieces? By "Touch" of course I mean virtual touch aka: "Click" without moving the piece you touched. 8)
Sebastian Boehme

Post by Sebastian Boehme »

Hi Ted,

I always can't resist it to touch them, especially the queens :twisted: . Hopefully I won't get punished for this in reality some day :oops:

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

Sebastian Boehme wrote:Hi Ted,

I always can't resist it to touch them, especially the queens :twisted: . Hopefully I won't get punished for this in reality some day :oops:

Kind regards,
Sebastian
Hi Sebastian,

When playing over the board I live by the "Touch Move" rule. When playing the computer via the DGT board I also use this rule. Yet when playing online I find I don't follow this rule. I break that rule all the time. That is why I wanted to post this poll to see what others do.
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

Well, I wonder what the 2 persons that voted 'No' do when they notice that moving the clicked piece loses the game? Do they just resign without making the move and let their opponents in :? :?: