An Open Letter to Cock de Gorter and the CSVN Board

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Peter Grayson

Re: An Open Letter to Cock de Gorter and the CSVN Board

Post by Peter Grayson »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
IngoB wrote:Hello Harvey,
I dont know if someone realy used a version and what exactly was the way he recieved it.
The person admits he used the cracked version this is not denied by him. So this is not an issue open to debate. he also admits to using in the CSS Masters tournament.

As for the rest of your post I do not intend to let this thread drift off topic.
A pertinent question here is if his intention was to use it in an official tournament as representation of the current Junior engine, didn't it occur to him the "cracked" engine may not have been what it purported to be? In which case he would not have been doing the Junior authors any favours.

PeterG
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: An Open Letter to Cock de Gorter and the CSVN Board

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Peter Grayson wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
IngoB wrote:Hello Harvey,
I dont know if someone realy used a version and what exactly was the way he recieved it.
The person admits he used the cracked version this is not denied by him. So this is not an issue open to debate. he also admits to using in the CSS Masters tournament.

As for the rest of your post I do not intend to let this thread drift off topic.
A pertinent question here is if his intention was to use it in an official tournament as representation of the current Junior engine, didn't it occur to him the "cracked" engine may not have been what it purported to be? In which case he would not have been doing the Junior authors any favours.

PeterG
Excellent point Peter.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

The invites were just sent out for the next CSVN tournament in June. They seemed to have missed me and Amir off the invite list but they did include Richard Hall the Scaramanga programmer who was banned for cloning Mark Lefler's Now Program. He has also impersonated in the past various people including Shay Bushinsky and Erdo but hey I guess he is welcome and Amir and I are not!
Kaj Soderberg

Post by Kaj Soderberg »

Harvey Williamson wrote:The invites were just sent out for the next CSVN tournament in June. They seemed to have missed me and Amir off the invite list but they did include Richard Hall the Scaramanga programmer who was banned for cloning Mark Lefler's Now Program. He has also impersonated in the past various people including Shay Bushinsky and Erdo but hey I guess he is welcome and Amir and I are not!
Oh dear oh dear, i start feeling ashamed of my fellow countrymen.
I was actually thinking of visiting the Leiden tournament for once, as it is only an hours drive from where i live, Utrecht. Having a debate and a perceived conflict i can understand, but effectively banning the party you are discussing or arguing with has all the looks of misuse of power. The Netherlands is known for being a democratic and broad minded country. It usually is, so this behavior does not fit all. Apologies in the name of a fine country. I hope it get's sorted out in the end. Hiarcs and Junior are chess icons, and so is the Leiden tournament.

My sympathies,
Kaj