Who know something about Dr. Donninger?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
DarkSide

Who know something about Dr. Donninger?

Post by DarkSide »

HI ALL :D
It seems that the Hydra project has over, and I wonder if somebody knows if Dr. "Chrilly" Donninger will program some new engine again?, Nimzo was a very good program. If the doctor does not return it will be a painful loss for the world of the chess by computer,... :(
Regards
Terry McCracken

Re: Who know something about Dr. Donninger?

Post by Terry McCracken »

DarkSide wrote:HI ALL :D
It seems that the Hydra project has over, and I wonder if somebody knows if Dr. "Chrilly" Donninger will program some new engine again?, Nimzo was a very good program. If the doctor does not return it will be a painful loss for the world of the chess by computer,... :(
Regards
Donninger is a paranoid idiot, anti-American, anti-Semite, who fears Hydra might be beaten either by a man or machine. He's running and hiding faster then you can say IBM.

Contemptuous Regards....
DarkSide

Post by DarkSide »

Hards Words :shock: but I dont think that Hydra would be beaten by anything in this world :lol: so if He's running and hiding faster is for something else :P
Terry McCracken

DarkSide wrote:Hards Words :shock: but I dont think that Hydra would be beaten by anything in this world :lol: so if He's running and hiding faster is for something else :P
Hydra isn't invincible, he knows that. The hype around Hydra is based on too few games and it had very close calls but got off the hook. Yes it's very good, excellent in fact, but Chilly appears to have made an exit before he loses a game or worse a match.

Sorry for the harsh words, but Mr. Donninger delt a nasty hand to all the Americans and Isreali participants back in 03 just before Graz and I've seen the e-mails, and the pictures he was passing around of Dead American Soldiers and calling them Good Americans and Slain Jews!!!

No American Programer attended Graz, for obvious reasons.

He sent more pictures defaming Jews in 06. He's a turd in my book and I won't gloss over it.

Terry
DarkSide

Post by DarkSide »

I see, well maybe you are right, as far as i Know mr. Donninger has jewis roots :!: :shock: so I cannot understand its behavior...I see certain connection with Fischer, that it ended up hating to the Jews and Americans :oops: that´s a pity
Terry McCracken

DarkSide wrote:I see, well maybe you are right, as far as i Know mr. Donninger has jewis roots :!: :shock: so I cannot understand its behavior...I see certain connection with Fischer, that it ended up hating to the Jews and Americans :oops: that´s a pity
Yes, Fischer's mother was Jewish, his father who left when he was very young was a German Nazi scientist :shock:

Also the CIA spied on the family, it's all very bizarre. It is sad, Fischer is a very sick man.

A Pity Indeed...
Enir

Post by Enir »

Terry McCracken wrote: Donninger is a paranoid idiot,
Not at all. He is a highly intelligent, likeable person.
Terry McCracken wrote: anti-American
Not true. He is against the Iraq war and Bush administration. Not the same at all.
Terry McCracken wrote: anti-Semite,
Nonsense. He is against the policy of the governments of Israel regarding Palestinians. Many Jews are against it. He is not anti-Semite.
Terry McCracken wrote: who fears Hydra might be beaten either by a man or machine.
That's sheer nonsense. From where do you get that, Terry? I participated in the organization of the man-machine events in Bilbao 2004 and 2005. Chrilly was eager to participate. He did so brilliantly with Hydra. Amir was there too with his Junior, by the way.
Terry McCracken wrote: He's running and hiding faster then you can say IBM.
More nonsense.
Terry McCracken wrote: Contemptuous Regards....
Chrilly blundered out of anger when the Iraq war and sent nasty emails to US citizens in 2003. He did the same in another occasion, now I don't remember exactly when.

He is a very passionate man, indignant about the US colonial expedition in Iraq. So was I. I still am. His mistake was to send those mails in a moment of anger. Chrilly and I emailed each other a lot about these mails that I critized wholeheartedly. His reason was his deep anger about the war, nothing else.

What you say in your post is a lot of nonsense, Terry. You don't know the guy at all.

Enrique
DarkSide

Post by DarkSide »

Enrique!! me da gusto saber que logeas aqui, queria preguntarte por que no continuaste organizando tus torneos, el último fue me parece en el 2001. A mi parecer, esos si eran campeonatos mundiales de programas, el formato actual me desepciona, solo son torneos que no definen nada. Es una pena que ya no hallas continuado con el proyecto, quizás por falta de patrocinio?. Creo que en estos tiempos el mundo de ajedrez por computadora ha ganado prestigio y quizás , por que no?, puedas organizar esos grandes torneos que se dieron en cadaqués. :P Te envio un cordial saludo y una felicitación , un poco restrasada :wink: por esos torneos tna gratos. Regresando al Dr. Donninger, me extraña que el este practicamente desaparecido de la escena ajedrecistica, siendo que por años fue un gran entusiasta. Entiendo que el inicio con el proyecto "Brutus" (Luego Hydra) buscando el programa que derrotara al campeon mundial de ajedrez (quizás este algo descepcionado por que en la actualidad ya no se necesita un mounstruo como Hydra para batir al campeon, Fritz en 4 procesadores es suficiente :D ), pero creo que su participación como programador activo seria mas que emocionante para nosotros, fans del ajedrez por computadora, ojalá el regresara y retomara Nimzo (por cierto, un gran programa táctico, que participo en tu ultimo torneo), si tu estas en contacto con el Dr. Donninger le envio un saludo.
Saludos desde Mexico.
Terry McCracken

Enir wrote:
Terry McCracken wrote: Donninger is a paranoid idiot,
Not at all. He is a highly intelligent, likeable person.
Terry McCracken wrote: anti-American
Not true. He is against the Iraq war and Bush administration. Not the same at all.
Terry McCracken wrote: anti-Semite,
Nonsense. He is against the policy of the governments of Israel regarding Palestinians. Many Jews are against it. He is not anti-Semite.
Terry McCracken wrote: who fears Hydra might be beaten either by a man or machine.
That's sheer nonsense. From where do you get that, Terry? I participated in the organization of the man-machine events in Bilbao 2004 and 2005. Chrilly was eager to participate. He did so brilliantly with Hydra. Amir was there too with his Junior, by the way.
Terry McCracken wrote: He's running and hiding faster then you can say IBM.
More nonsense.
Terry McCracken wrote: Contemptuous Regards....
Chrilly blundered out of anger when the Iraq war and sent nasty emails to US citizens in 2003. He did the same in another occasion, now I don't remember exactly when.

He is a very passionate man, indignant about the US colonial expedition in Iraq. So was I. I still am. His mistake was to send those mails in a moment of anger. Chrilly and I emailed each other a lot about these mails that I critized wholeheartedly. His reason was his deep anger about the war, nothing else.

What you say in your post is a lot of nonsense, Terry. You don't know the guy at all.

Enrique
I saw the pictures, and he did it more than once! He's an asshole! Maybe an intelligent one, but still an asshole!

He sent more pictures of "Good Jews" in July 06!!!

Colonial expedition??? Hardly! He may be your friend and he may well have a good side to him, but that doesn't vindicate what he did!!!

In fact, defending his actions puts you in a poor light! He blundered???...no he didn't, he did it once in 03 and again in 06, it was deliberate and calculated!

He's not sorry about what he did...I know that! He'll do it again, wait and see!

Enrique you're speaking nonsense to defend this guy as you know him on a very personal basis.

Choose better friends.

P.S. He's very touchy about Hydra....he say it's all but invincible, and he would really be upset if a Grandmaster beat his monstrosity!

It can be beaten with the right prep and it will be beaten by a commercial program at some point; or some GM eventually, that is if he hauls it out of the garage!

It hasn't played in 2 years other than Adams...

Being intelligent, likable and Passionate doesn't make someone sincere and a nice guy!

Talk about this with Amir or Bruce or Robert et al.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Hello Guys,

This thread is drifting way off topic - time to lock it I think.

If you want to start another one to discuss Hydra that is fine.

Best Wishes,

Harvey