a NEW good option TO analisys MODE while save/play a GAME...

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
KarmaZen&Oliver

a NEW good option TO analisys MODE while save/play a GAME...

Post by KarmaZen&Oliver »

I will copy this conversation that I have in arena forum...

I´m interesting in a NEW mode of ANALISYS during we save a game, or during two human plays a game in DGT board, or novag citrine board..

I hope that some chess programers read and undestand me...

>Hello Oliver,
>I assume that the functionality described is
>what is available in "Options/Appearance/Appearance Settings/PGN"
>id est that Arena should save "Save mainline","Save move value/depth",
>"Save duration","Save current game after every move" and
>"Save all games" that could be turned ON by default and not as it is now
>turned OFF by default...

NOT- That option only save, the lines while engine is play and thinking... after his move, save the line completely ?

>You can turn this functionality on by selecting these options
>in "Options/Appearance/Appearance Settings/PGN"...
>And after the game is saved in a PGN-file you can use Automatic Analysis
>that Michael Diosi referred to that you can configure in the three tabs for
>"Engines/Configure Engine Analysis Output"...

NOT- in this option, the game already this saved, previus... I want that save valoration while humans play the game...

>a) providing an example of the output you want
>to see

Two persons play a game, real board, I have the document in paper, and I´m going to save in arena chess...

I like do this:

1 Load one engine, example: chesstiger2007, press botton Anasisys mode, (this way, the engine visualizes in screen a previous analysis, when I move the analysis it begins again, and the valuations get lost, overalls if the carried out play doesn't coincide with what thought the engine..)

I move use the mouse, 1.e4, and engine start thinking, ( but not move, because it´s ANALISIS mode ¡), ( this move too can do from a DGT board, or from CITRINE board, to ARENA doesn't care like let us keep the moves-plays )

after some seconds, we have a good analisis ply>12 ( for example, or ply16...), or (for time > 12 seconds...)

We do the next move that we read in document paper, and this not is the same that engine was thinking... ( in the other example: in DGT board the other player move... on real game )

I WANT that in this moment, ARENA copy his BETTER line to anotation... this is very good to after the game, see where we have do some errors tacticals...

the question is: how many plays to copy and that quality is the analysis ?

we move whit mouse 1...., a6, ( but ARENA copy in variant notation the line 1....,e5;2.g1-f3,b8-c6;3...)

not problem now, a6 not is very bad, but ARENA thinks other lines are better..

we do the next move..

2.d2-d4; and engine copy in varition other line... (this varition are good is engine have more time...

only one problem, the first movements are very fast for humans, and engines not show good alternatives.. this question is solved in the next point...

>b) listing exactly what parameters you want to change that is not
>available in "Options/Appearance/Appearance Settings/PGN" and
> "Engines/Configure Engine Analysis Output"

The parameters are that:

Conditions: While engine is in ANALISIS mode, and we activate the future "monitor-trainning-mode" ( or other name more short ), tha best line FIND for engine will be copied as variant to the GAME, when ? always that we do other move, ( for me it doesn't care if this are copy in a FILE *.pgn and after this we can see this game save, but if that was posible copy in time real in the same program was better to can use this in tournoments real... )

>c) describe what values these parameters can have
>d) describe how these parameters should be inputted (what menu,what name,
>by a file?,by a dialog?,by keyboard?,by mouse?,by DGT board?,by TFT PC?)

in a dialog menu configure this tool:

ACTIVATE MODE trainning: ON-OFF: (MTM) = monitor-training-mode

if MTM is ON: we can configure this parameters:

minimum time: 1-500... ( this parameter forces to that if the engine has not been able to think but of THAT time seconds, it didn't copy the variant to the game)

and

minimun plys: 1-25... ( this parameter forces to that if the engine has not been able to think to arrive that plys, it didn't copy the variant to the game)

This parameter are important to not copy some variant unconscious, or BAD lines

mabye is posible 3ª parameter:

minimun VALORATION: 0.01-10... ( this parameter forces to that only copy variant that are better that valoration, 1.00 is a pawn... if the line that engine "see" is more smaller that this paramter not copy... because maybe not are very interesting..., it didn't copy the variant to the game)

>so that it is possible to see what functionality you miss and want to
>see implemented,since if you can not describe it so that it is possible
>to see exactly what you want then that functionality will surely
>NOT be implemented...
>Best wishes,
>Hans Eriksson
>>Hi,

uff, I´m spanish... I hope that I finds gotten to explain.. that was wery hard...

this option are very interestin when people see a GAME GM, and the normal fans not knwo Who have the advantage in a Proyector monitor...

and when we need save tha game in PC, NOW we need a lot of time to save game, and after this do a analisis ... after save the complete game...

with ( MTM ) monitor-training-mode, we can save the game at the same time that engine DO a previus ANALISIS... and too we can obtain a very good analisys while two human play a long game... ( a long game 90+30 finihs permit some evaluations engine > 3 minutes,

bye. Oliver from Spain
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

In Chess Assistant you can do this when playing a game online. However this is only for games played online. The feature is called "auto comment". You can set the chess engine of you choice to analyze a game that is in progress and it will comment the game with the engines evals and lines the engine thinks should have been played. I also would like to see this feature become mainstream in all GUI's in all Playing Modes.

PS: This feature also works with their (Chess Assistant) free online client.