dictatorship in CCC/CTF

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
mclane

dictatorship in CCC/CTF

Post by mclane »

Hi Thorsten,

The following e-mail gives neither pleasure nor satisfaction, but
unfortunately in the light of recent events, leaves little choice.
Instead of trying to help diffuse the situation and resolve it, you
have decided to attack the TCAdmin repeatedly, and in our view,
unjustifiably. Not only are your personal attacks on him against the
charter, but none of your attacks even had any form of evidence to
support them. To make things worse, none of your recent actions have
been done in consultation with us, so that we might work as a team. In
effect, you are acting entirely on your own, and against your team. As
the team concept has been pretty much dismissed by you, and your
constant and extreme posts are not befitting a moderator, we have
asked that you be removed from your post.

We are extremely sorry and disappointed to be pushed into taking this
action, and hope you understand it is nothing personal.

Regards,

Albert Silver
Graham Banks
they take over.

after they were mobbing out Ed Schroder, Chris Whittington and
Enrique Irazoqui (3 founding fathers) they now try with me.
than there is IMO only bob hyatt left. i am sure they will find something against him too :-)

the idea is to give ICD Master control so that ICD can decide about CCC/CTF.

IMO those people completey destroy what our targets (founding fathers) were when we made this club.

they give an idea and participant into the hands of NON democratic organisations.

ICD agreed to the fact that it will never interfere into political decisions.
but they broke the rule with implementing Sam Hull as adminstrator forcing the founding fathers out.

now 4 founding fathers have been nearly thrown out.

this gives ICD the possibility to do whatever it wants.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Hi Thorsten,

The events on CCC/CTF over the last few days have been very sad. Founder members are leaving.

I have discussed this with Mark and we really do not want this spilling over onto this forum. However we will let your post stand but I will lock this thread.

I hope Steve will also add his views to this thread.

You are a very welcome member of the Hiarcs forum.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Thanks Harvey and Mark for giving me an opportunity to make one post on this issue
i of course agree that the Hiarcs Forum is not the place for the recent disgraceful events of the CCC to be aired out
however as i was an active member there for 10 years and i was invited to post there initially by the former owner of ICD ..Steve S himself ..i would like to speak to Thor to make a suggestion and then i ask that you please lock the thread..

Thor
it is painfully obvious even to the most casual observer that recent events at the CCC are now totally out of control

the "secret TCADMIN" hiding under the cover of darkness and now this unprecedented charter violating attempt to over turn the results of a democratically held election (in your removal as moderator) can only be interpreted as an attempt to take over the forum

10 years ago the CCC was created by 10 Founding Father's

Yourself ,Ed Schroder,Dr. Enrique Irazoqui ,Bruce Morland, Chris Whittingtton ,Hyatt and others

at that time the legendary 10 bestowed upon Steve S at ICD the right to host the CCC in return for links to his company

ICD does not own the CCC..and the right to host the forum is revocable

in March of this year Steve S retired and left the hosting responsibilities of the CCC to an employee of ICD
This employee in turn having neither the time or inclination or ability to host the forum has shifted hosting responsibilities (such as administering the recent election,account maintenance such as deletions...etc..etc.. )to certain members of the CCC who are not even employed by ICD

this in turn has resulted in what is basically a take over of the board by these same members(a renegade group of former and present moderators )
it is not that ICD wants complete control of the CCC but rather that certain past and present moderators have seized control of the CCC from an inexperienced overwhelmed employee of ICD who had the responsibilities of hosting the CCC thrust upon him and who is now being used unwittingly

I submit.. it is now time to bring the Fathers 10 together again to revoke the right of ICD to host the CCC

the Fathers should contact ICD directly to serve notice that they are to cease and desist from any further hosting of the board ..and then a new responsible host should be found
it will do no good to make this request in the CCC itself.. as any posts about that would undoubtedly be swiftly deleted

it is time Thorston to put an end to the continued ruination of a well known highly respected site and to find a proper host

it is time for the Fathers 10 to rise again from the ashes
Rise Again..Oh Good men and true
look and see what they have done to your dream

God Speed To you good Sir!

your task is not an easy one.. but it is a noble one

May The Force Be With You Regards
Steve