HIARCS 13.1 for Mac, PC etc......

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

HIARCS 13.1 for Mac, PC etc......

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Coming very soon, probably next week, the brand new Hiarcs 13.1 for Mac to be followed soon by the PC and CEboard versions.

We will also be announcing a very special and new idea about opening books. More details soon.

EDIT: Hiarcs 13.1 for mac available now http://www.hiarcs.com/mac_chess_hiarcs.htm

EDIT: Hiarcs 13.1 for PC available now http://www.hiarcs.com/pc_chess_hiarcs.htm
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
JohnnyZoom3H

Post by JohnnyZoom3H »

Very cool. Looking forward to 13.1 and to theopening book announcements.
mackgra

Post by mackgra »

Good news there Harvey!

Its been a while since the last Hiarcs release but im sure it will be worth the wait. I'm sure Mac owners will be pleased as they will be getting the first look of the new Hiarcs.
The opening book announcement sounds very interesting.
Kaj Soderberg

Hiarcs 13.1

Post by Kaj Soderberg »

Hi Harvey,

This Mac user is very pleased with what he just read.
Looking forward to the engine, and of course the difference or development in the selectivity parameter we shortly discussed earlier.

Cheers,
Kaj
martinus

Post by martinus »

News from Sigma Chess? They will be still sold together? Sigma Chess keeps working on Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard?
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Sigma Chess 6.2 and HIARCS 13.1 will be bundled in one product including Pro GUI capabilities.

I have been developing HIARCS 13.1 with Sigma Chess on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) (176 days since it booted!), and it works nicely.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

thank you for making the Mac version first!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!
Carl Bicknell

Post by Carl Bicknell »

Mark Uniacke wrote:Sigma Chess 6.2 and HIARCS 13.1 will be bundled in one product including Pro GUI capabilities.

I have been developing HIARCS 13.1 with Sigma Chess on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) (176 days since it booted!), and it works nicely.
Great Stuff. Any chance of a discount if I buy both the Mac & P.C versions?

Will the Mac version have any kind database handling in the GUI? Thanks.
pokerpawn

Post by pokerpawn »

sorry , i'm not that familiar with Hiarcs , this version is optimized for multi core cpu ? and 64bit ? , so there is no deep version ?

thx
martinus

Post by martinus »

Mark Uniacke wrote:Sigma Chess 6.2 and HIARCS 13.1 will be bundled in one product including Pro GUI capabilities.

Thank you! Very good news.

========================

In the current version, Sigma Chess has good database features and Hiarcs is multicore compatible. Now waiting for next version of both, promised to arrive soon...
BrandonSi

Post by BrandonSi »

Any chance we'll see a Chessbase GUI release?
Father

Re: HIARCS 13.1 for Mac etc......

Post by Father »

Harvey Williamson wrote:Coming very soon, probably next week, the brand new Hiarcs 13.1 for Mac to be followed soon by the PC and CEboard versions.

We will also be announcing a very special and new idea about opening books. More details soon.

Harvey.

Thank you very much!!. This is a very great new.!! :D :D

Regards,

Pablo Ignacio Restrepo
Father playchess.com usser
Pla
JohnnyZoom3H

Post by JohnnyZoom3H »

Also good to hear SigmaChess is being updated. More often than not, it doesn't recognize other UCI engines, either precompiled binaries or my own compiles. Hopefully it will do better at this.
Kaj Soderberg

Hiarcs 13.1

Post by Kaj Soderberg »

Nice to hear, my Snow Leopard is ready willing and able.

I hope though, as a lazy customer, that the product comes as a quickly installable package. I work within ICT myself and i'm able to install most things, but i still feel that a product should have an installer that simply does the job for the ordinary customer. The "lite" and "professional" and upgrade stuff i find annoying, but then it may suit your business model to an extent that makes it worthwhile. Anyway, very much looking forward to H13.1.

Cheers,
Kaj
IA

Post by IA »

Hello

What is the difference between the Engine Pocket Fritz 4 "Hiarcs 13" and the new Engine CEBoard "Hiarcs 13.1".... Hiarcs is there an updated game engine Pocket Fritz4 ?

Regards... :D