Deep Junior 11.1 - Available Now!

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Thomas Wallendik

Re: Coming Soon Deep Junior 11.1

Post by Thomas Wallendik »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Thomas Wallendik wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
tomgdrums wrote: Hi Harvey!

This is pretty exciting!

How is this Junior different from the one that was released at World Chess Live a few months ago as part of their Bobby Junior package?

I am assuming it will be available for purchase here and I will be able to use it with the Shredder gui?

Thanks!

Tomg

ps. Are we closer to Hiarcs 13 as well? :)
H13 is getting closer.

Yes it will work in the shredder gui.
What are this information? Have Mark stopped the development of Hiarcs 13 for PC? If yes, today computerchess is ending for me, Computerchess without Hiarcs is not a good computerchess.

Hiarcs i my favorite program.

Can i buy Deep Junior 11.1 with paypal es paying-option?

Best

Thomas
No H13 will be here very soon. From the Shredder website you can buy Zappa. From the Hiarcs website you can buy Junior. Payment options will be the same as for Hiarcs through share it.

Hi Harvey,

thank you for this very fast informations.

I'am now so happy.

I buy Hiarcs 13 and Deep Junior 11.1

When does Deep Junior 11.1 comes out?

Best

Thomas Wallendik
PS: i liked the playing style from Junior too and today i have purchase a new TFT-Monitor. BenQ 24' V2410 ECO LED. It costs 230 Euros.

But it has Backlight Leds. The Picture from this TFT is so very very clear und so sharp.

Now Hiarcs can run under a serious and very good Widescreen TFT-Monitor.

Installation from the Monitor was very very very easy.

No drivers on CD. But during the installation my Windows 7 64 Bit OS has installed the drivers from the Windows 7 Database and now i have 1920 x 1080 Pixel as maximum.

A good thing.

Best

Thomas
PS: i wish you and all of the others of this forum a good night and sleep very well.
TW
tomgdrums

Post by tomgdrums »

Harvey Williamson wrote:http://www.hiarcs.com/pc-chess-junior-options.htm parameters are listed here
So I am assuming that Junior will NOT have the limit strength feature with the Shredder GUI? That question has been removed from the FAQ section as well.

Sorry to be a pain but this is fairly important for me.

Thanks!
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Sorry, the limit strength feature is not available in Deep Junior at this time.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
IA

Post by IA »

Hi all

I've been watching the setup features and Deep Junior 11.1 is clearly a parameter to adjust force "Depth_limit [default = 60]" the problem is not known to each parameter corresponds strength ELO , anyway there is this feature for those using the Interface of program Shredder for example on Deep Junior 11.1

The Program Arena has a restricting force with force limiter own Deep Junior 11.1

The option I like to club players is to use either program Fritz platform, such option may be used in programs Handicap Hiarcs12.1, Junior 10.1 ... ..

HANDICAP DEEP JUNIOR ( INTERFACE FRITZ )

Surely the programmers of Deep Junior will change the selection of strength parameters for it to function independently of the interface we use.

Regards...
Last edited by IA on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

I found these results posted here http://www.rybkaforum.net/cgi-bin/rybka ... ?tid=15895
Hi, all a quick test of Silver gambit suite

Results
Deep Junior 11.1 vs Deep Junior 2010

1 Deep Junior 11.1 +22/=17/-11 61.00% 30.5/50
2 Deep Junior 2010 +11/=17/-22 39.00% 19.5/50
HFaber

Post by HFaber »

Besides that it is not very senseful to test engine version x versus engine version x+1, I have found that part here which is assumed to be part of the EULA:
5. THUERINGEN 2010 TOURNAMENT RESTRICTION
This Software may not be used to play in the forthcoming Thueringen tournament
of 2010, if that tournament includes Ippolit or any of its derivatives (variously
named Igorrit, Robbolito, Firebird, IvanHoe and Tankist), except with the
express premission of Amir Ban or Shay Bushinsky.
You can't be serious?! If such a point really exists, this only makes everyone laugh, but certainly not follow that stupid idea. :lol:
Viele Grüße,
Harald
Watchman
Hiarcs Team Member

Post by Watchman »

HFaber wrote:I have found that part here which is assumed to be part of the EULA:
5. THUERINGEN 2010 TOURNAMENT RESTRICTION
This Software may not be used to play in the forthcoming Thueringen tournament
of 2010, if that tournament includes Ippolit or any of its derivatives (variously
named Igorrit, Robbolito, Firebird, IvanHoe and Tankist), except with the
express premission of Amir Ban or Shay Bushinsky.
You can't be serious?! If such a point really exists, this only makes everyone laugh, but certainly not follow that stupid idea. :lol:
Since I fail to see the humour... could you explain why it's a "stupid idea"? :? Thanks.
HFaber

Post by HFaber »

Sure. Even if this point was a legal restriction which I seriously doubt*, Thueringen is a private tournament.

*There are several cases here in Germany where courts judged articles in treatments etc. as invalid, e.g. when they are against public policy.
Viele Grüße,
Harald
Werner
CEGT

Re: Deep Junior 11.1 - Available Now!

Post by Werner »

Harvey Williamson wrote:It will be available from www.Hiarcs.com along with a brand new, in ctg format, opening book by GM Alon Greenfeld. More details on how to purchase very soon.
http://www.hiarcs.com/pc-chess-deep-junior.htm
Deep Junior 11.1 UCI chess engine
Thanks Mark,
for the super good service all the time. Always quick and helpful!

Deep Junior 11.1 UCI x64 is running here fine inside all my GUIs like
Chessbase, Shredder and Arena.

regards
Werner
hurnavich

Post by hurnavich »

Hi all, dig deep raid the wifes purse and buy Deep junior 11.1 i have Deep junior 2010 and the new DJ 11.1 kicks it's butt.my tests show at least a 70 elo improvement over 2010. :D
hurnavich

Post by hurnavich »

Bobby junior support is not the best,i bought DEEP JUNIOR 2010 nice engine but no gui updates as prommised. Any way even if Deep junior 2010v comes as update i'm not interested with it.I bought today Deep junior 11.1 from hiarcs,a trusted site great support and updates to prev products gives me faith in my purchase from them.

I got Deep junior 11.1 64 bit engine

New J 11.1 opening book ctg.

20% discount coupon to go towards buying Deep Hiarcs 13 when out.

And updates to future junior 11 engines if more improvement.

by the way my tests show great improvement over dj 2010.

So what you waiting for dig deep and raid the wifes purse :D :D
bnemais

Post by bnemais »

Does Junior or Hiarcs support use of the .ctg books using the OwnBook option?

If not, these books are useless to me.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

bnemais wrote:Does Junior or Hiarcs support use of the .ctg books using the OwnBook option?

Deep Junior is a UCI engine so will work in any GUI that supports UCI as will its own internal book. As a bonus you get a brand new ctg opening book written by a GM.
bnemais

Post by bnemais »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
bnemais wrote:Does Junior or Hiarcs support use of the .ctg books using the OwnBook option?

Deep Junior is a UCI engine so will work in any GUI that supports UCI as will its own internal book. As a bonus you get a brand new ctg opening book written by a GM.
I guess I don't understand that answer. Let me rephrase my question:

I operate engines using two interfaces only. Icsdrone (for playing on an ICS), and winboard for analysis and play against the engine or tournaments. Both of these need polyglot because they use the winboard protocol. My question is, can I make use of these .ctg books when running this way?
Last edited by bnemais on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.