Hiarcs for Pocket and Palm

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

codonauta

thanks

Post by codonauta »

Thanks
nahab

Post by nahab »

hey,

the autumn is past, the winter is past (nearly) and no hiarcs on ppc is there.

is it possible to get a planned release date (100%)

please snd infos....

thanks Jörg Offermann

i take also a betaversion ;-)
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

nahab wrote:hey,

the autumn is past, the winter is past (nearly) and no hiarcs on ppc is there.

is it possible to get a planned release date (100%)

please snd infos....

thanks Jörg Offermann

i take also a betaversion ;-)
A new Palm version is still planned for 'soon' but I think the Pocket PC Native version is still some time away.
nahab

Post by nahab »

oh, this is not good, because i am playing always with ppc - rarely with palm.

if I am buy hiarcs on palm, then its must be better as the programs, which become on ppc offered.

Regards Jörg
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
A new Palm version is still planned for 'soon' but I think the Pocket PC Native version is still some time away.
What is the problem with creating a Native PPC version soon afterwards?
I have found that Hiarcs running under StyleTap behaves in a different way to the native Palm version and would probably not bother with upgrading until the native PPC version is released.
Richard Lang has had Chess Genius running native in Palm and PPC for many years now also not to mention the many phone OS there are.
Maybe Mark could ask for his help in getting the PPC version off the ground.
Sorry to sound impatient but Hiarcs for PPC is what I am hanging out for and is the only reason why I read this forum :P
nahab

Post by nahab »

Cubeman wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
What is the problem with creating a Native PPC version soon afterwards?
I have found that Hiarcs running under StyleTap behaves in a different way to the native Palm version and would probably not bother with upgrading until the native PPC version is released.
Richard Lang has had Chess Genius running native in Palm and PPC for many years now also not to mention the many phone OS there are.
Maybe Mark could ask for his help in getting the PPC version off the ground.
Sorry to sound impatient but Hiarcs for PPC is what I am hanging out for and is the only reason why I read this forum :P

you forget hiarcs does not interest wish of customers, but he wants to remain market leader in palmversion : - (

Jörg
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Well, it has been a year since this discussion was started.I remember quite clearly when this forum was created.I joined almost immeadiatly, thinking that by joining I could have valueable imput in the future of Hiarcs, especially Palm Hiarcs.And was I excited to see that there were imminent plans to create a new version and that it would not take too long!!
At first I thought maybe a month would be all I would have to wait.Then I thought surely by end of 2007!!O.K autumn was mentioned earlier in the discussion probably northern hemishpere but at worse it could be southern hemishpere.Well I have waited and waited and listened to many broken promises.I think it took Mark less time to create the original Palm Hiarcs than to create a simple update.
Are there not enough customers of Palm version to justify update?
Is it better to develop a 2nd rate PC engine than a 1st rate PDA engine?
I am just confused about the state of development.