Opening Training Software

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Wardy

Opening Training Software

Post by Wardy »

Hi Gents,

Does anyone have any recommendation for software specifically geared to explaining and learning a wide variety of openings?

I recently went to a local club and played some games over the board for the first time in about 10 years or so. (I had a long break from the game and have been playing computers only for the last couple of years.)

I seem to be struggling with their sheer variety of opening styles and getting into positions that I'm not comfortable with and don't have a "feel" for consequently I am playing well below what I know I can achieve.

Also if anyone can explain bearing in mind I've held Shredder 10 to a draw, can beat my computers up to about 2000 elo why on earth I gifted a Knight to a young kid I'd appreciate it too :oops:

hanging head in shame regards

Paul
Terry McCracken

Re: Opening Training Software

Post by Terry McCracken »

Wardy wrote:Hi Gents,

Does anyone have any recommendation for software specifically geared to explaining and learning a wide variety of openings?

I recently went to a local club and played some games over the board for the first time in about 10 years or so. (I had a long break from the game and have been playing computers only for the last couple of years.)

I seem to be struggling with their sheer variety of opening styles and getting into positions that I'm not comfortable with and don't have a "feel" for consequently I am playing well below what I know I can achieve.

Also if anyone can explain bearing in mind I've held Shredder 10 to a draw, can beat my computers up to about 2000 elo why on earth I gifted a Knight to a young kid I'd appreciate it too :oops:

hanging head in shame regards

Paul
ChessBase has these products. http://www.chessbase.com/

http://www.chessbase.com/shop/newproducts.asp

As far as dropping a piece, it happens to everyone, even the WCC past and present.

Hopefully Helpful Regards,
Terry