Unable to run Chessbase DeepHiarcs on XP and Vista

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
RadioSmall

Unable to run Chessbase DeepHiarcs on XP and Vista

Post by RadioSmall »

I am wondering if anybody can help me.I havebeen using chess base products for more than 10 years now , and I have never seen a problem like this.First I always get "Hiarcs13.2 not activated" message on XP .And I have through all the Code entering and activation process ( just got my CD from chess base today).But also I get the same message on Vista but although Deep Hiarcs 13.2 loads this time against what the message says , it always plays instantly even at 40 moves in 2 hours time control !!
The infinite analysis also freezes at 13 plys also no matter how long the position is analyzed.What in the world is going on?? I paid 88 Euro (including shipping) for this!!
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Unable to run Chessbase DeepHiarcs on XP and Vista

Post by Harvey Williamson »

RadioSmall wrote:I am wondering if anybody can help me.I havebeen using chess base products for more than 10 years now , and I have never seen a problem like this.First I always get "Hiarcs13.2 not activated" message on XP .And I have through all the Code entering and activation process ( just got my CD from chess base today).But also I get the same message on Vista but although Deep Hiarcs 13.2 loads this time against what the message says , it always plays instantly even at 40 moves in 2 hours time control !!
The infinite analysis also freezes at 13 plys also no matter how long the position is analyzed.What in the world is going on?? I paid 88 Euro (including shipping) for this!!
You will have to contact Chessbase emal info @ chessbase.com
RadioSmall

Re: Unable to run Chessbase DeepHiarcs on XP and Vista

Post by RadioSmall »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
RadioSmall wrote:I am wondering if anybody can help me.I havebeen using chess base products for more than 10 years now , and I have never seen a problem like this.First I always get "Hiarcs13.2 not activated" message on XP .And I have through all the Code entering and activation process ( just got my CD from chess base today).But also I get the same message on Vista but although Deep Hiarcs 13.2 loads this time against what the message says , it always plays instantly even at 40 moves in 2 hours time control !!
You will have to contact Chessbase emal info @ chessbase.com
I have solved the problem by continously reinstalling the program .Now everything works .Very Strange indeed.This new activate feature is not pretty at all............