[Palm - Hiarcs] new features

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

raykwagner

instant sparring levels

Post by raykwagner »

The instant sparring levels do not have Elo ratings but they have names like beginner to advanced. They range from a little more than knowing how the pieces move to around 1200. After that you go the the 1350 and up. And keep in mind that on the 1350 - Unlimited is makes a big difference how much time you set for the time controls.
My experience on my Treo has been that Hiarcs plays a lot better than the number given but that is also related to the number of cycles it gets to think through.

Ray
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

The instant sparring levels start with Beginner from about 750 Elo which is very very weak and goes up to about 1200/1300 Elo for Challenger. Each step is about 50 Elo.

The set Elo numbers were fixed based on about 20,000 games of testing. They should play realistic mistakes including making tactical errors and forgetting book move orders etc.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
auditt

Feature request (simple but useful) - ELO ratings: on/off

Post by auditt »

Hi,

Would it be possible in the next release to include a simple flag indicating if the current played game is to be included in the ELO ratings calculation?

This would be useful since I sometimes practice e.g. chess endings which I don't want to be included in my running ELO rating. This feature would be similar to Chessmaster 10 'rank/no rank' game feature, and should be simple to include.

Cheers,
Mark
auditt

Graphical plot of HIARCS's game evaluation

Post by auditt »

Hi,

It would be very nice indeed to have some sort of graphical plot of HIARCS's evaluation of a complete game, move by move. Arena for example has a similar and very useful feature.

This is very useful for describing at a glance the tactical swings of a game, enabling one to 'home in' on quickly the stages of a game where mistakes were made. For the Palm, even a very simple plot would be very useful.

(sorry for not inluding this in my previous post.)

Cheers,
Mark
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Hi Mark,

A couple of good ideas!

Thanks,

Harvey