Need for a HIRACS engine for use with ExaChess

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Richard Martin

Need for a HIRACS engine for use with ExaChess

Post by Richard Martin »

Are there any plans for a version of HIRACS that could be used as an engine within ExaChess?
I am currently using ExaChess for analyzing my tournament games for review with my chess coach. Having a HIRACS engine as an alternative to the Crafty engine that I'm currently using, would be a real enhancement.
I have found that I prefer the ExaChess GUI (using only the Crafty engine) to the SigmaChess GUI for analysing (annotating) tournament games. But I'd like it a lot better if it had a HIRACS engine.
martinus

Post by martinus »

Ball is on the ExaChess side. It had to implement UCI engine protocol for we to use it with Hiarcs or other UCI compatible engine. ExaChess developer told me some two years ago that he was testing an ExaChess version with UCI protocol. But that was the last time I heard from him. Don't know what happened since.
Richard Martin

Post by Richard Martin »

martinus wrote:Ball is on the ExaChess side. It had to implement UCI engine protocol for we to use it with Hiarcs or other UCI compatible engine. ExaChess developer told me some two years ago that he was testing an ExaChess version with UCI protocol. But that was the last time I heard from him. Don't know what happened since.
I have contacted the ExaChess developer, and he has replied that an ExaChess 4 version with UCI protocol is currently in a limited beta release (and due out by the end of the year.)