DGT board and 64bit Vista

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
oddius
Nutter

DGT board and 64bit Vista

Post by oddius »

Anyone successfully got the DGT board up and running in Vista 64bit RTM.

The the usb-serial driver installs, but it will not setup the usb com port needed to recognise the board?

The RC versions worked ok. :roll:
All hail The Paleman.
Ted Summers

Re: DGT board and 64bit Vista

Post by Ted Summers »

oddius wrote:Anyone successfully got the DGT board up and running in Vista 64bit RTM.

The the usb-serial driver installs, but it will not setup the usb com port needed to recognise the board?

The RC versions worked ok. :roll:
I don't know much about DGT support as far as 64bit Operating Systems go, however I can tell you that the DGT Board uses a Virtual Com Port driver that goes by the name FTDI. I think you are having a driver problem because you are trying to use a 32bit driver in a 64bit OS. Now while DGT does not make or support a 64bit version of this driver, it (64bit version) can be located and download from the following website:

http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

There are versions of this driver for the following Operating Systems:

Windows XP x64

Windows Server 2003 x64

Windows XP

Windows Server 2003

Windows 2000

Windows ME

Windows 98

Linux

Mac OS X

Mac OS 9

Mac OS 8

Windows CE.NET (Version 4.2 and greater)

I hope this info helps you. I have been told that this driver works well with the DGT board and 64bit Operating Systems. I have not had the time to test this myself yet. FTDI stands for Future Technology Devices International, I think they make the chip that DGT uses in there DGT Boards.
oddius
Nutter

Post by oddius »

Thanks Ted one of the first places I looked, DGT had no 64bit drivers when I first got the board and XP 64, and now for Vista 64.

Downloaded the latest drivers from FTDI, same DGT provide in there 1.35 driver setup program, and the ones Vista finds and installs.
All hail The Paleman.
oddius
Nutter

Post by oddius »

My bad, Vista installed the drivers with board connected but wouldn't setup the USB com port even after reconnecting the board.

Installed drivers manually without connecting board and now all is well with the world. :roll:
All hail The Paleman.
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

oddius wrote:My bad, Vista installed the drivers with board connected but wouldn't setup the USB com port even after reconnecting the board.

Installed drivers manually without connecting board and now all is well with the world. :roll:
That's cool to hear. :lol: