Greetings from Phoenix Chess Systems

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.

Hiarcs for the Phoenix Chess Systems ?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:32 pm

No
No votes
Yes
100%

Total votes: 11

Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Cubeman wrote:Looked on the DGT website and see they are to release a new version of the DGT board which has bluetooth built in.Says that it will be available in Autumn so I hope that any PPC with bluetooth could communicate with it and should be able to get PGM to play without wires or expensive add on as a CF USB controller card.
Agreed, though it doesn't really help me as I've already got a rosewood/royal/XL usb combo. The wife had a fit the first time around let alone buying a second one! :twisted:

Unless they release a bluetooth add-on for the older boards the cheapest (though in-elegant solution) for me is for a cable and a controller card :(

Unless anyone here knows who to make my board wireless.......
pgeorges

Post by pgeorges »

Alain wrote:
Cubeman wrote:Looked on the DGT website and see they are to release a new version of the DGT board which has bluetooth built in.Says that it will be available in Autumn so I hope that any PPC with bluetooth could communicate with it and should be able to get PGM to play without wires or expensive add on as a CF USB controller card.
I think it will work : most of the time, communication over bluetooth is serial communication which is what CEBoard (and most likely PGM) uses to communicate with the DGT.

And as the connection to the DGT over USB is also a serial one (I have at least one CEBoard user which succeeded to do it), I think that DGT Bluetooth probability of being a serial communication is 100%
Those are really great news. Thanks.

Alain, I (we) count on you ! :)

Pascal
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Wardy wrote:.............and infact I've just ordered a CF USB controller card to give it a go with my PPC while I await whatever cunning idea Ruud has had :D
Quick update in case anyone fancies trying something similar......

The Ratoc USB controller card arrived today and I can report that by following the instructions on the PGM website the USB DGT board is happily working with Pocket Grandmaster!

For some reason I've been less succesful in connecting to CEboard but I've dropped Alain an email and I hope that it's just me being daft somewhere along the line!

If/When Hiarcs PPC appears it would be great if it could also support the DGT board, it really does work well for when you can't be bothered to sit near or fire up your PC! A GM opponent in complete silence........yes please!

Nearly as good as a dedicated regards

Paul