Greetings from Phoenix Chess Systems

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.

Hiarcs for the Phoenix Chess Systems ?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:32 pm

No
No votes
Yes
100%

Total votes: 11

phoenixcs

Greetings from Phoenix Chess Systems

Post by phoenixcs »

Greetings chess (computer) fans.

Nice to see that HIARCS has its own forum.

I would like to ask you all if you would like to see Hiarcs to be integrated into my Phoenix Chess Systems. From my point of view, i am ready for it.

Greetings from Holland.
Last edited by phoenixcs on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best,

Ruud Martin
Phoenix Chess Systems
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Hi Ruud,

Have the Revelations started shipping yet? That is my dream dedicated machine - One day I hope to buy one from you :D

I also seem to remember an article somewhere about possibly working with DGT? So you have any updates for us?

Kind regards

Paul
phoenixcs

Post by phoenixcs »

First Revelation is going to.... Steve ....

I'm having some difficulties with the new displays (PLED display are hard to get these time of days). But i hope it will be solved very soon.

And if all goes well, Steve will receive end of september his Revelation (serial RV-001) ..

And by the way, if somebody would like to pay more for this unique first serialized system, feel free to bid...
However, this system wil still go to .... Steve ....

And if you want one, please give me a call, uh... Email...
Last edited by phoenixcs on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best,

Ruud Martin
Phoenix Chess Systems
phoenixcs

DGT and Phoenix Chess Systems

Post by phoenixcs »

Paul,

For the Resurrection there is a possibility to connect a serial DGT to the interface card. And then you can play on the DGT with the Resurrection Module..

However, no much use in this setup, so never released.
Best,

Ruud Martin
Phoenix Chess Systems
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

Hmmm interesting,

Would you ever consider looking at a processing unit we can plug our DGT boards into and play without having to resort to a noisey PC?

Guess it would end up looking a bit like the Tasc R30 of years ago?

Kind regards

Paul
phoenixcs

Good idea, may 2008...

Post by phoenixcs »

Good idea, may 2008... :wink:
Best,

Ruud Martin
Phoenix Chess Systems
Steve B
Site Admin

Re: Greetings from Phoenix Chess Systems

Post by Steve B »

phoenixcs wrote:Greetings chess (computer) fans.

I would like to ask you all if you would like to see Hiarcs to be integrated into my Phoenix Chess Systems. From my point of view, i am ready for it.

Greetings from Holland.
Welcome Ruud to the Future of all things(not only computer chess but even life itself)

for my opinion i vote a resounding ...YES!!

with Rybka ..the two Strongest programs ever to see the light of day

a clash of the TITANS in one chess computer!

it boggles the mind regards
Steve
:shock:
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Greetings from Holland.
Hi Ruud,

Welcome to the Hiarcs Forum,

Best Wishes,

Harvey
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Greetings from Holland.
Hi Ruud,
Well I think you can already guess my answer. The more engines you can give me to play with the happier I am 8) So of course I would love to see a Hiarcs in your Resurrections. Only problem I see then is that I might have to buy a second Resurrection to play your engines against each other ! I think I need to go and find a night job at Walmart to pay for all this. :roll:

Best regards
Nick
Wardy

Re: Good idea, may 2008...

Post by Wardy »

phoenixcs wrote:Good idea, may 2008... :wink:
Excellent!!!! Can't wait to see what you might come up with!
pgeorges

Post by pgeorges »

Wardy wrote:Hmmm interesting,

Would you ever consider looking at a processing unit we can plug our DGT boards into and play without having to resort to a noisey PC?

Paul
Personnaly, to make Phoenix systems affordable, I'd like a nice wooden board pluggable to a Pocket PC (bluetooth for example) that displays opponent's moves through Leds.
That means to make the board independant to the computing power.

Sorry, not to respond to the poll, because the question for me is like "do you want white or brown leather seats in a Bentley ?".

But for sure Phoenix are dream machines !
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

pgeorges wrote:
Personnaly, to make Phoenix systems affordable, I'd like a nice wooden board pluggable to a Pocket PC (bluetooth for example) that displays opponent's moves through Leds.
That means to make the board independant to the computing power.

Sorry, not to respond to the poll, because the question for me is like "do you want white or brown leather seats in a Bentley ?".

But for sure Phoenix are dream machines !
To be fair you can almost do this already using a DGT board with Pocket Grandmaster or CEboard and PPC, though the DGT doesn't have the LED's but both programs can do move announcements.

Not sure if you can connect a Citrine to a PPC yet which would give you the LED's........
Wardy

Post by Wardy »

.............and infact I've just ordered a CF USB controller card to give it a go with my PPC while I await whatever cunning idea Ruud has had :D
Cubeman

Post by Cubeman »

Looked on the DGT website and see they are to release a new version of the DGT board which has bluetooth built in.Says that it will be available in Autumn so I hope that any PPC with bluetooth could communicate with it and should be able to get PGM to play without wires or expensive add on as a CF USB controller card.
Alain

Post by Alain »

Cubeman wrote:Looked on the DGT website and see they are to release a new version of the DGT board which has bluetooth built in.Says that it will be available in Autumn so I hope that any PPC with bluetooth could communicate with it and should be able to get PGM to play without wires or expensive add on as a CF USB controller card.
I think it will work : most of the time, communication over bluetooth is serial communication which is what CEBoard (and most likely PGM) uses to communicate with the DGT.

And as the connection to the DGT over USB is also a serial one (I have at least one CEBoard user which succeeded to do it), I think that DGT Bluetooth probability of being a serial communication is 100%