Breaking News Rybka v Zappa (Hiarcs Forum Exclusive)

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Update Thursday 23 Aug

Post by Harvey Williamson »

VP wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:This is from Victor Zakharov on Rybka forum...
More details from The secret Zappa Training Camp soon!

Harvey
Waiting very eagerly for the updates.
Harvey, is Zappa development being helped by Mark as well?
Now, that would be nice if Hiarcs shared some of its chess knowledge to make Zappa better, and Zappa shared its Mp implementation to improve Hiarcs.
Any comments???
Hi,

Mark has no involvement with Zappa.

But Erdo is a friend of mine and I am helping him prepare!

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Ted Summers

Post by Ted Summers »

One last note: I prefer to have it beheaded if you don't mind, so off with it's head please. That's rigth decapitated! Chop, Chop, Snip, Snip!
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

The first new Zappa in may years is now making its debut on Playchess.

Zappa Mexico is currently making Fish Fajitas.

Grilled fish fajitas
Categories: Fish
Yield: 2 Servings
1 pounds Fish fillets (cod; haddock, salmon or Rybka)
¼ cup Lime juice
2 tablespoon Veg oil
1 Clove garlic
¼ teaspoon Hot pepper flakes
1 pinch Dried oregano
4 Flour tortillas
⅓ cup Plain yogurt
Fresh cilantro sprigs
FOR SALSA PREPARE AND MIX THE
1 Tomato; peeled seeded and diced
¼ cup Chopped red onion
1 tablespoon Chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon Fresh/ pickled jalapeno pepper
1 tablespoon Lime juice
1 pinch Granulated sugar
Salt and pepper
FOR GUACAMOLE PREPARE AND MIX
1 Ripe avocado
¼ cup Chopped red onion
2 tablespoon Lime juice
1 tablespoon Chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon Minced jalapeno
¼ teaspoon Salt
1 pinch Cumin
FOLLOWING THE FOLLOWING Roll grilled fish fillets inside warm flour tortillas and add fresh tomato salsa and a creamy guacamole for a fun, simple supper. Use and oiled wire barbecue basket if you have one, for holding the fish. If not, make sure the barbecue grill is clean and well oiled. Buy fillets with skin on if possible; brush the fish lightly with oil before putting it on the grill and turn only the really thick pieces. Pat fillets very dry with paper towel; set aside. In a shallow non-metallic dish just large enough to hold fillets in single layer, combine lime juice, oil, garlic, hot pepper flakes and oregano. Add fish, turning to coat on both sides. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour, turning fish occasionally. (Do not marinate longer or fish will disintegrate). Remove fish from marinade; brush lightly with oil if not using wire basket. Cook over med. Heat for 10 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish flakes with a fork, turning only the thickest pieces of fish. With oiled spatula remove fish to cutting board; flake into large pieces. While fish is cooking, place tortillas on edge of grill until warm, turning often. Divide tortillas among 4 plates, and top evenly with fish. Add a spoonful of salsa, guacamole and yogurt. Fold up each tortilla and spoon a little more guacamole over, garnishing with a sprig of cilantro.
VP

Re: Update Thursday 23 Aug

Post by VP »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Hi,

Mark has no involvement with Zappa.

But Erdo is a friend of mine and I am helping him prepare!

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Thanks for the clarification and best of luck in your endeavour.
Dylan Sharp

Post by Dylan Sharp »

BigBen wrote:Harvey the Rybka fanboys will be gunning for you :D
What? I'm a Rybka fanboy and I'm not gunning for Harvey.

Anyway, this was called for:

Now, excuse me, I've got to kill some trojans that infected me...
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Hi All,

The latest update I have is that it looks like Erdo's Visa for Mexico is going to be ok. Also the new Zappa playing on Playchess is scoring around 75% on an 8 core machine.

It is going to be one hell of a battle in Mexico!

Harvey
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Harvey Williamson wrote:Hi All,

The latest update I have is that it looks like Erdo's Visa for Mexico is going to be ok. Also the new Zappa playing on Playchess is scoring around 75% on an 8 core machine.

Harvey
scoring 75% against?

Who are the opponents?
what is the hardware of them?(assuming computer opponents)
How many games?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Uri Blass wrote:

Harvey
scoring 75% against?

Who are the opponents?
How many games?
Hi Uri,

Zappa(Mexico) has probably played around 100 games now.

Most games at 60+15 or 16+0 90% of the programs there are Rybka of course as always. Hardware is difficult to know but there are many quads and octs playing on Playchess at the moment. Erdo is happy to publish all the games after Mexico!

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Shaun Brewer

Post by Shaun Brewer »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:

Harvey
scoring 75% against?

Who are the opponents?
How many games?
Hi Uri,

Most games at 60+15 or 16+0 90% of the programs there are Rybka of course as always. Hardware is difficult to know but there are many quads and octs playing on Playchess at the moment. Erdo is happy to publish all the games after Mexico!

Best Wishes,

Harvey
It will be an interesting match...

I do hope we see a new release of Zappa (and UCI) - I could then add Zappa to my collection as I am very reluctant to buy a non-uci engine...

P.S. Don't worry H12 UCI is on my shopping list!!!
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:

Harvey
scoring 75% against?

Who are the opponents?
How many games?
Hi Uri,

Best Wishes,

Harvey
I think that it is a practical mistake to play games in playchess because people including the opponents can follow them and see at least part of the game.

Better preperation can be done simply by buying rybka and playing games against her privately not in playchess so nobody can see the games.

Uri
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Uri Blass wrote:
Harvey Williamson wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:

Harvey
scoring 75% against?

Who are the opponents?
How many games?
Hi Uri,

Best Wishes,

Harvey
I think that it is a practical mistake to play games in playchess because people including the opponents can follow them and see at least part of the game.

Better preperation can be done simply by buying rybka and playing games against her privately not in playchess so nobody can see the games.

Uri
The opening book and engine on Playchess may not be the one that will play in Mexico so poor old Jeroen will spend all his time booking up against the wrong book :twisted:
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Note that when I think about the information of zappa's results then it is possible that the information is misleading.

90% of the programs in playchess are rybka give the impression that 90% of the programs are rybka2.3.2a but it may be possible that 40% are rybka2.x and 30% are rybka1.x and 20% are rybka beta.

It is also not clear if most of the opponents who played against new zappa are rybka because even when 90% of the programs in playchess are rybka then zappa can still choose to play mainly the 10%.

It is hard to learn from 75% result about the level of new zappa.

Uri
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Uri Blass wrote:Note that when I think about the information of zappa's results then it is possible that the information is misleading.

90% of the programs in playchess are rybka give the impression that 90% of the programs are rybka2.3.2a but it may be possible that 40% are rybka2.x and 30% are rybka1.x and 20% are rybka beta.

It is also not clear if most of the opponents who played against new zappa are rybka because even when 90% of the programs in playchess are rybka then zappa can still choose to play mainly the 10%.

It is hard to learn from 75% result about the level of new zappa.

Uri
Hi Uri,

He is actively looking for games against Rybka so most of the games are against Rybka. Most are probably 2.3.2a but of course there are other Rybka versions there.

Erdo's main games are played on my oct machine by remote - as I am helping him prepare for mexico. I have all the games both online and offline but of course they are private for the moment!

Best Wishes,

Harvey
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

As to the question of whether the opponents are Rybka, I'm seeing based on watching that about 90% of the opponents are Rybka 2.3.2a; I have not seen any Rybka opponents for the new Zappa versions that are earlier versions of Rybka. However, keep in mind that perhaps all of the Rybka people are in a conspiracy to sink Zappa and are using Rybka 1.0 Beta renamed to Rybka 2.3.2a versions :twisted: