Can't reply to posts

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Tord Romstad

Can't reply to posts

Post by Tord Romstad »

I have a strange problem: I am able to start new threads on this forum, but whenever I try to reply to a post in an existing thread, I get the following error message:
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/posting.php could not be found on this server.
Does anybody else have the same problem? Am I doing something wrong, or is there a technical problem with the forum?

Tord
Andreas Guettinger

Re: Can't reply to posts

Post by Andreas Guettinger »

Tord Romstad wrote:I have a strange problem: I am able to start new threads on this forum, but whenever I try to reply to a post in an existing thread, I get the following error message:
Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /forums/posting.php could not be found on this server.
Does anybody else have the same problem? Am I doing something wrong, or is there a technical problem with the forum?

Tord
I got the same message when I tried to write in the german subforum "gcc-hergestellt" (produced with gcc) without the "-" but these words in this combination were rejected as not acceptable. You can try it yourself, just leave away the "-". It will be rejected.
You could try to find the word(s) in your post that get rejected and exchange them.

Edit: By the way, I can't see a reason to reject the String above? Is there something offensive in it?
regards,
Andy
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Andreas Guettinger wrote:
Tord Romstad wrote:I have a strange problem: I am able to start new threads on this forum, but whenever I try to reply to a post in an existing thread, I get the following error message:
Not Acceptable

Tord
I got the same message when I tried to write in the german subforum "gcc-hergestellt" (produced with gcc) without the "-" but these words in this combination were rejected as not acceptable. You can try it yourself, just leave away the "-". It will be rejected.
You could try to find the word(s) in your post that get rejected and exchange them.

Edit: By the way, I can't see a reason to reject the String above? Is there something offensive in it?
Hi Guys,

I just answered a private message Tord sent to me. I have checked there are currently no banned words in the filters, except Rybka of course ;-)

I really do not know why you are having problems. Plese let me know if they continue!

Best wishes,

Harvey
Andreas Guettinger

I dunno, but "gcc-hergestellt" without hyphen is not accpeted when I post it.
regards,
Andy
George Speight

Post by George Speight »

I replied Tord, just to see if i experienced a problem. Seems ok here. Hope you get it worked out. If you dont, i would suggest you getting Harvey to remove you from the forum and then you re-enter. Thats what i had to do on another forum. Might work here.

Regards,

George
Tord Romstad

Post by Tord Romstad »

Andreas Guettinger wrote:I got the same message when I tried to write in the german subforum "gcc-hergestellt" (produced with gcc) without the "-" but these words in this combination were rejected as not acceptable. You can try it yourself, just leave away the "-". It will be rejected.
Hello Andreas,

Thanks for the tip! You are entirely right, the problem was that I was trying to include the abbreviated name of the GNU Compiler Collection. After removing the "offending" word, I could post my message.

:)

Tord
Enrico L. Carrisco
Lowly Janitor

Post by Enrico L. Carrisco »

Tord Romstad wrote:
Andreas Guettinger wrote:I got the same message when I tried to write in the german subforum "gcc-hergestellt" (produced with gcc) without the "-" but these words in this combination were rejected as not acceptable. You can try it yourself, just leave away the "-". It will be rejected.
Hello Andreas,

Thanks for the tip! You are entirely right, the problem was that I was trying to include the abbreviated name of the GNU Compiler Collection. After removing the "offending" word, I could post my message.

:)

Tord
Hello Tord.

This must be some bug in the PHP code. It will be interesting to see if CCC or other phpBB sites have the same problem because I have not modified the code pertaining to word censoring nor have any of the moderators added any censored words (please don't test this with curses, folks.) :wink:

Regards,
-elc.
Andreas Guettinger

Lol, 'GCC' is the "offending" word. :lol:

It seems to be not "offensive" on CCC, it is posted there all the time.

When it is enclosed in quotes or paratheses (GCC), it works.

or just say only
gcc
in a line. 8)
regards,
Andy