Anand criticizes the World Chess Federation

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Anand criticizes the World Chess Federation

Post by Harvey Williamson »

BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Hi,
The WCC has been in a mess for so long it is hard to remember when it was normal lol ... Politics always gets in the way of sport and with so much self interest from people who dont even really play the game but see money to be made so what can we expect.

Anand is top of the rankings list and a match with Kramnik would be far more interesting then another Topolov match. It makes you look back to those halcyon days of the candidate matches and think if it aint broke dont fix it, well maybe speed up the cycle :)

Regards
cornetmike

Post by cornetmike »

It makes me look back to the days when the title "World Champion" belonged to the Champion, and any contender had to come up with a decent purse to make it worth while for the Champion to defend his title.

Myself, I can't think of any recent Champion with the stature or charisma of Steinitz, Lasker, Capablanca, Alekhine, or even Euwe...Just my two cents! :)

regards
Mikey
“They must find it difficult – those who take authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority.” - Gerald Massey, Egyptologist
Bones

Almost fixed?!

Post by Bones »

Hopefully, After this World Championship tournament, We will get back to matches. Unfortunately, FIDE had to please alot of people to make this work. Topalov had a contract. The mexican organisers had a contract. Kramnik had even better than that - He's World Champ!

Waiting with breath held
regards
Tony