Deep Hiarcs 12 CB and Nalimov table pb

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Gwen

Deep Hiarcs 12 CB and Nalimov table pb

Post by Gwen »

Hello everybody.
I am curently running Deep Hiarcs 12 , the chess base version, on a laptop with core 2 duo i have the Nalimov tablebases in use.
When H12 don't need the tablebases it uses 100% of the CPU but as soon as it uses the endgame database it uses only 50% or less and this happen whatever the size of the hashtable and the cash dedicated to the Namilov table base. Is it normal?
If not do you have an idea from where is coming the problem.

PS: I have 3Go of RAM and usually I uses 1.5Go of hash table ad 164Mo for the tablease cache

PPS:Sorry for my poor english
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Deep Hiarcs 12 CB and Nalimov table pb

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Gwen wrote:Hello everybody.
I am curently running Deep Hiarcs 12 , the chess base version, on a laptop with core 2 duo i have the Nalimov tablebases in use.
When H12 don't need the tablebases it uses 100% of the CPU but as soon as it uses the endgame database it uses only 50% or less and this happen whatever the size of the hashtable and the cash dedicated to the Namilov table base. Is it normal?
If not do you have an idea from where is coming the problem.

PS: I have 3Go of RAM and usually I uses 1.5Go of hash table ad 164Mo for the tablease cache

PPS:Sorry for my poor english
Yes this is normal. When the tablebases are accesed the cpu usage will decrease.
Last edited by Harvey Williamson on Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwen

Post by Gwen »

Thank you for this quick reply