Point 3 in the rules for competition

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
VP

Point 3 in the rules for competition

Post by VP »

3. The closing date for entries will be 31st August 2007. If no correct answer is received then the closest will win. If there is a tie then the person who posted the correct answer 1st will win the 1st prize.

Harvey, if the answer is 70, and closest is 68 and 72, then I presume that the person who posted his estimate earlier is the winner.
Is that correct?
Cheers,
VP
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Point 3 in the rules for competition

Post by Harvey Williamson »

VP wrote:3. The closing date for entries will be 31st August 2007. If no correct answer is received then the closest will win. If there is a tie then the person who posted the correct answer 1st will win the 1st prize.

Harvey, if the answer is 70, and closest is 68 and 72, then I presume that the person who posted his estimate earlier is the winner.
Is that correct?
Cheers,
VP
Correct!
VP

Post by VP »

Thanks for the clarification.:D
Steve, are you buying any more computers?8)

PS: I suspect that the number of "dedicated" computers is going to be very small- not more than 21.:oops:

I have already used up my two choices... :cry: