Hiarcs Book Question

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Supernova

Hiarcs Book Question

Post by Supernova »

:?: Hello:

I remember that I could edit and/or create a book in Hiarcs 7.01 Dos Version. Later, it was possible in the ChessBase Gui when Hiarcs became a native ChessBase engine.

Currently, is there anyway to edit or create a native book for Hiarcs? If the answer is No, is there any plan to implement this functionality? :|

Regards, Sp.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Hiarcs Book Question

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Supernova wrote::?: Hello:

I remember that I could edit and/or create a book in Hiarcs 7.01 Dos Version. Later, it was possible in the ChessBase Gui when Hiarcs became a native ChessBase engine.

Currently, is there anyway to edit or create a native book for Hiarcs? If the answer is No, is there any plan to implement this functionality? :|

Regards, Sp.
Hi,

At the moment there is no way to create a native book for Hiarcs.

I do not know which GUI you are using but you can of course make a book for the GUI which will be used and given priority over the Hiarcs native book. I do this is the CB GUI sometimes. You can then stear Hiarcs down the paths you want to. eg:

If you want Hiarcs to always play the Spanish you create a GUI book with 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 - these moves will be played from the GUI book and then Hiarcs will start to use its native book.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
Peter Grayson

Re: Hiarcs Book Question

Post by Peter Grayson »

Hi,

At the moment there is no way to create a native book for Hiarcs.

I do not know which GUI you are using but you can of course make a book for the GUI which will be used and given priority over the Hiarcs native book. I do this is the CB GUI sometimes. You can then stear Hiarcs down the paths you want to. eg:

If you want Hiarcs to always play the Spanish you create a GUI book with 1.e4 e5 2.Nf3 Nc6 3.Bb5 - these moves will be played from the GUI book and then Hiarcs will start to use its native book.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes,

Harvey
A useful add on could be a .pgn database to book converter or editor? This would make Hiarcs the first commercial UCI engine to provide internal book building feature? Always good to be first with new ideas!
PeterG