Questions - Hiarcs 12 MP

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Jaimes Conda

Questions - Hiarcs 12 MP

Post by Jaimes Conda »

I have just received Hiarcs 12 MP DVD. The Hiarcs engine is in the
Fritz 11 GUI

1. Menu-Tools-Options-Multimedia, There is no Find Talk CHT button
in the audio section although the help menu shows this button.
My H12 cannot speak.

2. Sparring level. H 12 will make three to five moves then just stop.
Sparring does not seem to work or perhaps I am missing something.

Anyone else have the same problem? Jaimes
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: Questions - Hiarcs 12 MP

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Jaimes Conda wrote:I have just received Hiarcs 12 MP DVD. The Hiarcs engine is in the
Fritz 11 GUI

My H12 cannot speak.

I dont know about the chat - I do not have the DVD yet. The sparring mode is a bug - it is a CB GUI bug and nothing to do with Hiarcs. I suggest you tell CB at info@chessbase.com
Jaimes Conda

Re: Questions - Hiarcs 12 MP

Post by Jaimes Conda »

Harvey Williamson wrote:
Jaimes Conda wrote:I have just received Hiarcs 12 MP DVD. The Hiarcs engine is in the
Fritz 11 GUI

My H12 cannot speak.

I dont know about the chat - I do not have the DVD yet. The sparring mode is a bug - it is a CB GUI bug and nothing to do with Hiarcs. I suggest you tell CB at info@chessbase.com
Thank you Harvey. Jaimes
Boffin

Sparring levels on Hiarcs 12

Post by Boffin »

I too have found the same problem with at least the lower sparring levels in Deep Hiarcs 12 as produced by ChessBase. The program fails to reply after a few moves, the failure apparently occuring when it has gone out of book. I have emailed Chessbase to report the problem and I understand that a patch will be available in due course.
Kemuri

Post by Kemuri »

Chessbase told me that a patch would be available by the end of May - either on Playchess.com or www.chessbase.com

They seem to have really dropped the ball with the Chessbase Hiarcs release. First they put the wrong labels on the MP & SP versions, which delayed release; then they release it without proper testing - there's no way that the sparring bug should have got through to a release version!

I like Chessbase, but that is not a good sign of things to come!
I don't believe in intuition, but I've got a funny feeling that one day I will...
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

HIARCS 12 for MAC

Post by Dark Horse »

Hi, is there a MAC version planned of HIARCS 12 ?
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

HIARCS 12 for Windows

Post by Dark Horse »

Hi, if I purchase the UCI version from Hiarcs.com I still get the new opening book right ? or is that only with the Chessbase version ?
PortCitySlim

Re: HIARCS 12 for Windows

Post by PortCitySlim »

Dark Horse wrote:Hi, if I purchase the UCI version from Hiarcs.com I still get the new opening book right ? or is that only with the Chessbase version ?
From what I understand the UCI version comes with the book but it is just part of the engine and can not be seen like other .ctg books in the Chessbase GUI. I own the chessbase version it comes with dhiarcs12.ctg and can be seen in the GUI.
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Re: HIARCS 12 for Windows

PortCitySlim wrote:
Dark Horse wrote:Hi, if I purchase the UCI version from Hiarcs.com I still get the new opening book right ? or is that only with the Chessbase version ?
From what I understand the UCI version comes with the book but it is just part of the engine and can not be seen like other .ctg books in the Chessbase GUI. I own the chessbase version it comes with dhiarcs12.ctg and can be seen in the GUI.
But the UCI book can be used in any gui unlike the CB one. The books are identical in content.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Chessbase version versus UCI version

Post by Dark Horse »

Thanks Harvey,

If the books are identical is the only difference between the Chessbase version and the UCI version in the GUI ? is HIARCS contemplating their own GUI sometime ? (if so please don't call it Fish Tank ;-p)
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

I'm still confused, here are my options

1) Blow my bonus on a Mac Pro 8 core and get both the PC version (now) and Mac version (when released)

2) Blow 70% of my bonus on a Dell Q6600 and get the PC version now

3) Try to find a Skull trail retailer in India (next to impossible it seems) and get the PC version

and then the question remains, Chessbase version or UCI version, it seems like I get more options with the Chessbase version ?
Harvey Williamson
Site Admin

Dark Horse wrote:I'm still confused, here are my options

1) Blow my bonus on a Mac Pro 8 core and get both the PC version (now) and Mac version (when released)

3) Try to find a Skull trail retailer in India (next to impossible it seems) and get the PC version

and then the question remains, Chessbase version or UCI version, it seems like I get more options with the Chessbase version ?
The Q6600 is certainly the best value for money at the moment. If you need a serial number for playchess get the CB version. Otherwise you should consider the UCI as you get support direct from us and it is a little cheaper.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

thanks Harvey! seeing how helpful you guys are I think I trust your support :)
turbojuice1122

Post by turbojuice1122 »

Dark Horse wrote:I'm still confused, here are my options

There is also another option: I don't know how much it would cost in India, but I know that in the United States, you can get an AMD quad computer for under $600 at some places, and I even once saw one advertised for that price with Vista Ultimate already installed.
Dark Horse
Hiarcs Team Captain

Post by Dark Horse »

turbojuice, the only computer retailer I saw with a decent AMD processor was the AMD Turion from Acer but that system was c###, unlike in the US, in India we dont seem to be able to build the high end configurations but have to depend on the big names like Dell, HP, etc or maybe I just dont know the right people, but I am talking to a lot of gamers since they seem to know about these things so if I can get a skull trail here I might go for it