Collector's corner: What is going on there?

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Dr. Axel Schumacher

Collector's corner: What is going on there?

Post by Dr. Axel Schumacher »

Hey friends,

I'm really in bad mood. Usually when I sell a chess computer on ebay, I really do not get a good price. A few days ago I sold perfectly mint Exclusive MMII with manual and box etc.. for just 151 Euro :(

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :IT&ih=018

Usually, they go for a hundred bucks more... And now this:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %26fvi%3D1
The same chess computer, sold for 376 Euro. :x

Ruined regards,
Axel

P.S I also had a bundle of 3 chess computers on ebay and after fierce bidding the auction reached an enormous amount of 1 Euro, so about 33 cent for each unit.
spacious_mind

Re: Collector's corner: What is going on there?

Post by spacious_mind »

Hi Axel:
I think you picked a bad time. People are on vacations. That is why you also see so few computers listed there at the moment.
Nick
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Axel...

Post by Fernando »

Did you offer the stuff HERE or in CCC before going to eBay?
If you did not, now you MUST suffer.

Punishing regards
Fernando
Dr. Axel Schumacher

spacious_mind wrote:Hi Axel:
I think you picked a bad time. People are on vacations. That is why you also see so few computers listed there at the moment.
You may be right. Nevertheless, as you can see in the other auction, the prices (for the same unit) can still go up (which is most of the time the case).

I probably should wait for my other auctions until the rich guys are back from vacation :?
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Dr. Axel Schumacher wrote:
You may be right. Nevertheless, as you can see in the other auction, the prices (for the same unit) can still go up (which is most of the time the case).

I probably should wait for my other auctions until the rich guys are back from vacation :?
Fern is right Good Dr.

you are required to offer ALL Schachcomputers to the good and true collectors here..then and only then..once every single last one of us has declined ..then can you offer it to the strangers on Ebay
anything else can only result in disaster..as you yourself can now clearly see

Somber Regards
Steve
Dr. Axel Schumacher

Re: Axel...

fern wrote:Did you offer the stuff HERE or in CCC before going to eBay?

Punishing regards
Fernando
Well, I did ask in Kurt's forum. But I guess everybody was on vacation there too...

Alright, I also have a Munich board, an Exclusive board and a Senator module (with one of the boards) I want to get rid off (Maybe also an Fidelity Avant Garde 2100; I haven't decided yet). Also a bunch of cheap units e.g. a CC7, CC8, CC10 etc..

Also, I'm still looking for a Bavaria board and hope some nice guy here will offer his regards,
Axel
spacious_mind

Post by spacious_mind »

Dr. Axel Schumacher wrote:
fern wrote:Did you offer the stuff HERE or in CCC before going to eBay?

Punishing regards
Fernando
Well, I did ask in Kurt's forum. But I guess everybody was on vacation there too...

Alright, I also have a Munich board, an Exclusive board and a Senator module (with one of the boards) I want to get rid off (Maybe also an Fidelity Avant Garde 2100; I haven't decided yet). Also a bunch of cheap units e.g. a CC7, CC8, CC10 etc..

Also, I'm still looking for a Bavaria board and hope some nice guy here will offer his regards,
Axel
Well I have a Bavaria which I almost sold a few months ago because it takes up so much room. But then I keep getting a bad conscience about selling it because I know I would never get to see one again in my hands.. .. decisions ...decisions..
Nick
Dr. Axel Schumacher

Steve B wrote:
Fern is right Good Dr.

you are required to offer ALL Schachcomputers to the good and true collectors here..then and only then..once every single last one of us has declined ..then can you offer it to the strangers on Ebay
anything else can only result in disaster..as you yourself can now clearly see

Somber Regards
Steve
Steve,
you and Fern are right, as usual. I will never commit another such bold 'Schachcomputer rules'-offense.
But on the other hand, I would not expect any bidders from the good and true collectors here, since you would certainly not interested in such a ultra-common unit as the MMII. A good and true collector most likely owns a MMII already (or several copies of it). I heard you even own chess computers which do not even exist. :shock:

Stunned regards,
Axel
Fernando
Admiral of the Fleet

Axel...

Post by Fernando »

....you must post photos -or a place where to find them- of the stuff you are going to offer to collectors here.
I am mildly interested in the Avant Garde, but do not tell Steve, he is a greedy man capable of keeping 12202020 pieces of each brand just to hurt the rest of us, common folk.

Secrecy regards
Fern
Dr. Axel Schumacher

fern wrote:....you must post photos -or a place where to find them- of the stuff you are going to offer to collectors here.
I am mildly interested in the Avant Garde, but do not tell Steve, he is a greedy man capable of keeping 12202020 pieces of each brand just to hurt the rest of us, common folk.

Secrecy regards
Fern
I heard rumors that the Steve is the head of a secret religious society that believes that when you collect all the chess computers in existence, you can calculate the existence of God. (I heard another rumor that says that he is close on reaching that goal). :shock:

Waiting that some tall guys in black jackets and sunglasses knock on my door soon, regards,
Axel

P.S. I will make photos sometimes soon.
Jose

Post by Jose »

Hi all,

absoluty correct - the August is best time for buying but never selling!

Best José
Robert Weck

Post by Robert Weck »

Hi Axel,
Dr. Axel Schumacher wrote: I'm really in bad mood. Usually when I sell a chess computer on ebay, I really do not get a good price. A few days ago I sold perfectly mint Exclusive MMII with manual and box etc.. for just 151 Euro :(

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :IT&ih=018

Usually, they go for a hundred bucks more...
No, 150 Euro is a common price for an Exclusive MM II!

For an Exclusive board without modules i calculate with around 120 Euro; and 30 Euro for a MM II module set is not so bad!
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... %26fvi%3D1
The same chess computer, sold for 376 Euro. :x
Paying 376 Euro for a Exclusive MM II is crazy... :shock:

But as long as there are crazy people around there, i would say: Bad luck, that you did not find such one...

regards,
Robert
Dr. Axel Schumacher

Robert Weck wrote:Hi Axel,

No, 150 Euro is a common price for an Exclusive MM II!

Paying 376 Euro for a Exclusive MM II is crazy... :shock:

But as long as there are crazy people around there, i would say: Bad luck, that you did not find such one...

regards,
Robert
In my ebay watchlist, the Exclusive MMII goes for an average of 238 Euro (during the last 25 auctions).
Any mine was absolutely mint condition. But well, what can you do.... :?
Unfortunately, no nice units are for auction in the moment, in the light that it is rather a time for buying. And rare units probably always reach their estimated price.
Robert Weck

Post by Robert Weck »

Dr. Axel Schumacher wrote: In my ebay watchlist, the Exclusive MMII goes for an average of 238 Euro (during the last 25 auctions).
this was a result of rantan1990's activities on ebay; starting Dec 2006 that guy bought everything with 64 fields and buttons to press! He bought at least 6 identical Exclusive with MM IV!
perhaps rantan1990 is on vacation? :wink:

it looks, that he is not so active anymore; but it takes some time, until the prices go back to their normal level.

José is right; August is good for buyers and maybe the beginning of the normalisation...

best regards,
Robert
Steve B
Site Admin

Post by Steve B »

Robert Weck wrote:
Dr. Axel Schumacher wrote: In my ebay watchlist, the Exclusive MMII goes for an average of 238 Euro (during the last 25 auctions).
this was a result of rantan1990's activities on ebay; starting Dec 2006 that guy bought everything with 64 fields and buttons to press! He bought at least 6 identical Exclusive with MM IV!
perhaps rantan1990 is on vacation? :wink:

it looks, that he is not so active anymore; but it takes some time, until the prices go back to their normal level.

José is right; August is good for buyers and maybe the beginning of the normalisation...

best regards,
Robert
hi Robert

yes Rantan seems to have shot his load

very common to see those rushing into the hobby..buying up everything in site..then becoming bored and selling

although i will say he certainly went ballistic for quite some time

a real surprise to me is to see Bauermeister suddenly buying several fairly common schachcomputers that he already has in his collection(or at least it is listed as in his collection)

i wonder what that is all about?
perhaps he is buying computers for friends like i do quite often?

Pensive Regards
Steve