It's a great relief

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
John van Spijker

It's a great relief

Post by John van Spijker »

Hello Hiarcs fans,

I want to introduce myself as a long time Hiarcs fan, did meet Harvey at Leiden several times and for me Hiarcs is a strong answer towards the "Rybka-believers" :-)

As a professional Testmanager it's obvious that I like to verify (and test) good chess engines and therefore trying to improve them.

Hiarcs as a engine can be tuned very differently, this means it's possible to give "Rybka" a hell of a job :-) I must mention that the default settings are always good and therefore a very strong startingpoint.
I'm experimenting now with my "Python" setting.

I will not reveal it yet on this server because I want to be sure if it's a real improvement. Mark and Harvey will be the first to know, but for all real testers you all know Testing is a long (and sometimes) tedious job :-)

I want to gratulate Hiarcs for setting up this nice forum.
"Good times are coming" :-)

Regards,

John van Spijker
(Bimota/Phlox/The Nexus)
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

Thanks John.

I look forward with interest to your new settings.

A big thank you for the forum has to go to Enrico especially for setting up this excellent forum and Harvey and a number of others who are all helping make it tick along.

Since its early days I expect we might get a few hiccups along the way but I am sure they will be resolved.

Best wishes,
Mark