Revelation II Anniversary Edition CPU Upgrade:

This forum is for general discussions and questions, including Collectors Corner and anything to do with Computer chess.

Moderators: Harvey Williamson, Steve B, Watchman

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the fen tag before the upgrade.
Schachspieler

Post by Schachspieler »

fdimeglio wrote:
We are saying that the "Revelation" has been dreamed and invented by Ruud and then DGT worked with him to perfect it and deploy it.

That is a bit different Regards,

Fabrice
Hello Fabrice,

this >>>
Steve wrote: Ruud Invents the Rev I without DGT
he partners with DGT for piece recognition in Rev II
sounds a little bit different to this >>>
fdimeglio wrote: We are saying that the "Revelation" has been dreamed and invented by Ruud and then DGT worked with him to perfect it and deploy it.
Just compare the sales of the Rev 1 with the Rev 2
phoenixcs

Revelation II Cooperation DGT

Post by phoenixcs »

Some details regarding DGT and Phoenix Chess Systems ...

The cooperation between Phoenix Chess Systems and DGT was an initiative from Phoenix Chess Systems. Phoenix Chess Systems recognised that the next step in development for Revelation I was adding piece recognition. Furthermore Phoenix Chess Systems was searching for a partner which is well known in the chess world and which has good production facilities and sales & marketing channels. In some small amount of time Saitek was an option and I even talked to them in Bristol, but DGT was most preferable. They reside in Holland and had the DGT wooden piece recognition boards with the beautiful pieces.

Phoenix Chess Systems inserted the design, idea and concept of the Revelation I and DGT inserted the piece recognition hardware and concept. Design for the Revelation II is from Phoenix Chess Systems, as are the design and schematic for the circuit board for the keyboard, the cpu carrier circuit board and improved design of the piece recognition circuit board. Power circuitry was designed by DGT. Design for the front plate and changes to the design of the board are from Phoenix Chess Systems and all software is written by Phoenix Chess Systems, except the engines involved.

The desired added value from DGT is the manufacturing of the woodwork, production for all circuits boards (except the modular toradex cpu) and final calibration, inspection and assembly. Also DGT is handling the product service and guarantee. And DGT is responsible for the distribution, where Phoenix Chess Systems also acts as a retailer as do all retailers who sell this Revelation II around the world. Phoenix Chess Systems is responsible for further software development.

Phoenix Chess Systems is and remains owner of the concept, design and intellectual property for Revelation II (AE) and all other products from Phoenix Chess Systems.

Hope this clarifies some of the discussion…
Best,

Ruud Martin
Phoenix Chess Systems
fdimeglio

Post by fdimeglio »

Thank you Ruud for the great explanations.

It was a revelation Regards,

Fabrice
Looking for a nice Fidelity EAG or A/S and a Odin Encore. Please send me a private message.
Schachspieler

Re: Revelation II Cooperation DGT

Post by Schachspieler »

phoenixcs wrote:Phoenix Chess Systems also acts as a retailer as do all retailers who sell this Revelation II around the world.
Thank You Ruud for the confirmation.

PS:
With the new Sound-Emulation it would be great to have the Fidelity Chesster Challenger and the Fidelity Kishon Chesster available for the Rev II AE :-)