Coach Question

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

Cooper

Coach Question

Post by Cooper »

Hi everyone,

if i play chess with Hiarcs on my palm and activate the coach function, then sometimes i get a warning of a move. If i take it back and press the hint button it suggests the move it was warning me before. If i do this move after the hint there´s no more warning. How is this possible?

Another question: I have installed the massive tournament book, at least i hope so. How can i check, if everything is working fine? Sometimes i wonder that the "end of message" is coming so early.

cheers, marco
Mark Uniacke
Hiarcs Author

Post by Mark Uniacke »

That is a problem sometimes with the coach because although it sees the move leading to a worse situation when asked to look for itself it cant see anything better.

If you look in the Engine Room you will see the number of book positions loaded. I believe the massive book is about 377,000 positions.
Best wishes,
Mark

https://www.hiarcs.com
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Hi Mark,

thanks for the fast answer. I think in the engine book the right number is displayed. I will look it up this evening.

I have chosen HIARCS, cause i don´t want to start my PC everyday, so i just bought a cheap palm (z22). For me the program gives me all i need in order to exercise and to analyize my moves. And to be honest, it was the first software i was paying for. It´s really worth the money :D .

Do you also plan a version for smart phones? I ask, cause i think that palms will die out in the future.

------------
Marco