HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index HIARCS Chess Forums
World Championship winning computer chess software program & downloads for chess database, analysis and play on PC, Mac and iPhone

QuestionsQuestions   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac New Version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> HIARCS Customer Support & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author
ryoen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac New Version Reply with quote

Hi,

From our last conversation, a new version of HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac would be released in December.

Is there a date release for a new version?

Thanks
P.Ilchard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know too please, as just bought a Mac and don't want to purchase 1.9 if it's going to be superseded.
jurnieks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same question here, please Smile Any gentle hint?
herO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jurnieks wrote:
Same question here, please Smile Any gentle hint?

I suppose Hiarcs 15 will be released soon. Price for HCE were lowered by 20% at official hiarcs site. I hope Mark or Harvey will provide us with a further information about HCE 2.0.
P.Ilchard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reading a lot from the fact that there is no reply yet.......
P.Ilchard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bitten the bullet and purchased it, 9 February. Unfortunately it won't start up, I've reported it to hiarcs@hiarcs.com but still awaiting response.
P.Ilchard

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted, looks like it was user error.
EloDeficit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:00 am    Post subject: HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac New Version Reply with quote

Since HIARCS is a commercial program implemented using QT, I wonder if there ever will be another update at this stage. Last time I checked, a single developer license for commercial development with QT runs at $500 a month! That would be a high price to maintain over long periods of time ... I for one gave up on waiting and I'm also using VMWare, Windows 10 and Fritz 16 for variety. No regrets whatsoever!

HIARCS Mac Chess explorer remains excellent nonetheless. I also purchased the windows version of HCE but I am not at all happy with its user interface showing tiny icons and menu on a high def monitor.
herO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac New Version Reply with quote

EloDeficit wrote:
Since HIARCS is a commercial program implemented using QT, I wonder if there ever will be another update at this stage. Last time I checked, a single developer license for commercial development with QT runs at $500 a month! That would be a high price to maintain over long periods of time ... I for one gave up on waiting and I'm also using VMWare, Windows 10 and Fritz 16 for variety. No regrets whatsoever!

HIARCS Mac Chess explorer remains excellent nonetheless. I also purchased the windows version of HCE but I am not at all happy with its user interface showing tiny icons and menu on a high def monitor.

What is high resolution for you? Do you mean monitor with 4K resolution? I suppose HCE is not ready for 4K right now. It only looks good on Full HD.
ryoen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.Ilchard wrote:
I've bitten the bullet and purchased it, 9 February. Unfortunately it won't start up, I've reported it to hiarcs@hiarcs.com but still awaiting response.

Before my purchased in December or November, I sent an e-mail to Hiarcs and they told me that the new release would be launch in December and new customers would have a free upgrade because it was to close to the new version.
EloDeficit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac New Version Reply with quote

herO wrote:
[What is high resolution for you? Do you mean monitor with 4K resolution? I suppose HCE is not ready for 4K right now. It only looks good on Full HD.

I am indeed using a 4K monitor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HIARCS Chess Forums Forum Index -> HIARCS Customer Support & Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: