HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac New Version

Get your specific HIARCS/Junior support questions answered here as well as up-to-the-minute news!

Moderators: Watchman, Mark Uniacke, mrudolf

ryoen

Post by ryoen »

Hi,

From our last conversation, a new version of HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac would be released in December.

Is there a date release for a new version?

Thanks
P.Ilchard

Post by P.Ilchard »

I'd like to know too please, as just bought a Mac and don't want to purchase 1.9 if it's going to be superseded.
jurnieks

Post by jurnieks »

Same question here, please :) Any gentle hint?
herO

Post by herO »

jurnieks wrote:Same question here, please :) Any gentle hint?
I suppose Hiarcs 15 will be released soon. Price for HCE were lowered by 20% at official hiarcs site. I hope Mark or Harvey will provide us with a further information about HCE 2.0.
P.Ilchard

Post by P.Ilchard »

I'm reading a lot from the fact that there is no reply yet.......
P.Ilchard

Post by P.Ilchard »

I've bitten the bullet and purchased it, 9 February. Unfortunately it won't start up, I've reported it to hiarcs@hiarcs.com but still awaiting response.
P.Ilchard

Post by P.Ilchard »

All sorted, looks like it was user error.
EloDeficit

Post by EloDeficit »

Since HIARCS is a commercial program implemented using QT, I wonder if there ever will be another update at this stage. Last time I checked, a single developer license for commercial development with QT runs at $500 a month! That would be a high price to maintain over long periods of time ... I for one gave up on waiting and I'm also using VMWare, Windows 10 and Fritz 16 for variety. No regrets whatsoever!

HIARCS Mac Chess explorer remains excellent nonetheless. I also purchased the windows version of HCE but I am not at all happy with its user interface showing tiny icons and menu on a high def monitor.
herO

Re: HIARCS Chess Explorer for Mac New Version

Post by herO »

EloDeficit wrote:Since HIARCS is a commercial program implemented using QT, I wonder if there ever will be another update at this stage. Last time I checked, a single developer license for commercial development with QT runs at $500 a month! That would be a high price to maintain over long periods of time ... I for one gave up on waiting and I'm also using VMWare, Windows 10 and Fritz 16 for variety. No regrets whatsoever!

HIARCS Mac Chess explorer remains excellent nonetheless. I also purchased the windows version of HCE but I am not at all happy with its user interface showing tiny icons and menu on a high def monitor.
What is high resolution for you? Do you mean monitor with 4K resolution? I suppose HCE is not ready for 4K right now. It only looks good on Full HD.
ryoen

Post by ryoen »

P.Ilchard wrote:I've bitten the bullet and purchased it, 9 February. Unfortunately it won't start up, I've reported it to hiarcs@hiarcs.com but still awaiting response.
Before my purchased in December or November, I sent an e-mail to Hiarcs and they told me that the new release would be launch in December and new customers would have a free upgrade because it was to close to the new version.
EloDeficit

Post by EloDeficit »

herO wrote:[What is high resolution for you? Do you mean monitor with 4K resolution? I suppose HCE is not ready for 4K right now. It only looks good on Full HD.
I am indeed using a 4K monitor.
jurnieks

Post by jurnieks »

EloDeficit wrote:
herO wrote:[What is high resolution for you? Do you mean monitor with 4K resolution? I suppose HCE is not ready for 4K right now. It only looks good on Full HD.
I am indeed using a 4K monitor.
I use 5k iMac. Everything is perfect.
ryoen

No answer about the new version

Post by ryoen »

Someone has some news about the new version that it should be done in December?
jurnieks

Re: No answer about the new version

Post by jurnieks »

ryoen wrote:Someone has some news about the new version that it should be done in December?
At the moment we do have a minor software update. Still no ideas about 2.0.